3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 12:22 AM by dylann

OPKG-Yocto Unknown Package

dylann

Hi all,

I was trying to push sensor data up to Google Spreadsheet according to below instructions:

Google Spreadsheet:

https://learn.adafruit.com/dht-humidity-sensing-on-raspberry-pi-with-gdocs-logging/connecting-to-googles-docs-updated

Create Credentials:

Using OAuth2 for Authorization — gspread 0.2.5 documentation

Both require some packages installed (you could check the above links):

Google Spreadsheet

First up we will have to install the gspread python library, which will do the heavy lifting of connecting to google docs and updating the spreadsheet! With your board connected and online, run the following:

Copy Code

1. sudo apt-get update
      2. sudo apt-get install python-pip
      3. sudo pip install gspread oauth2client

Create Credential

1. nstall oauth2client:

pip install --upgrade oauth2client 

Depending on your system setup you may need to install PyOpenSSL:

pip install PyOpenSSL

Everything worked perfectly fine when I got everything done, tested the code in my Ubuntu (14.04) until I moved the whole thing into Galileo. The problem is: the required packages are all unable to install, and are regarded as Unknown Package.

I tried "opkg update", I'm sure that my internet connection is fine, it always returns as below:

p.png

opkg install python-pip

opkg pip install gspread oauth2client -> It said that "pip" was an invalid argument? I'm quite sure that Python-pip should be in the repository run by AlexT which I got it from the very start.

So I left out the"pip"

p1.png

pip install --upgrade oauth2client

pip install PyOpenSSL

Same result for both:

p2.png

Anyone knows how to get all the packages installed? Those files stay in root folder of Ubuntu, should I do something to copy them to Galileo's SD Card? Where?

I know the guidance is for RPi, but it is applicable to Intel Galileo, isn't it?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I'm not quite well at English so if there is anything above somehow sounds offensive, please kindly ignore it.

Thanks in advance.