Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Graphics driver problem i7-6700k

MCuco
Beginner

Hei,

For starters I must say I'm new to the community so please forgive me if I'm posting in a wrong section or if I do something that I am not supposed to.

My problem:

I recently bought an i7-6700K...and I am trying to install the GPU from it and it won't work.

I am running windows 8.1 x64.

I have this MOBO: Asus Z170-K

I tried to install the graphics from the official asus site and it won't work - it tells me that my system does not meet the minimum required for the instalation to happen. I also tried the Driver Update Utility but when I scan for drivers, it won't find any. I tried plugging my monitor cable into the port for DVI port on the motherboard and only a black screen would show. I need to use the integrated graphics ASAP as I am not going to keep the dedicated video card on this PC, only did this as a fix.

Can you guys help me? I am using intel products for a long time now and never had problems installing the drivers untill now, I always found a fix for my problems but given the fact that this processor is pretty new I am not able to fix it myself.

Appreciate any help, thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MCuco
Beginner

Okay, I solved my problem meanwhile... by enabling the iGP from BIOS. It looks like you can't really switch between them as easely. If you set the iGP as a priority, the windows will let you install the driver.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am glad to hear that. Thanks for sharing the information.

Allan.

0 Kudos