11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 9:04 AM by mikec_intel

DG33FB Latest Bios Problems

GeneralBones

Hey Guys! So My Motherboard Wont Detect A Keyboard While POSTing. I Know This Because Im Using Both A Usb Keyboard And A PS/2 Keyboard but Nothing Will Happen. Although I Am Able To Boot In The Bios By Setting The Bios Jumper From 1&2 To 2&3, So It Auto Boots Into The Bios, Both Keyboards Still Dont Work! Please Help And Thanks In Advance!

• 1. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
          mikec_intel

Hi GeneralBones,

I suggest you to get into the BIOS with the maintenance mode (pins 2 and 3) and press F9 (reset BIOS settings) then, press F10. Try with only the PS2 keyboard.

A second option, update the BIOS with the recovery option. (jumper with pins 1 and 2).

Latest BIOS version 0572
          Downloads for Intel® Desktop Board DG33FB

Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update (Recovery with CD-ROM)
          Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update

Regards,
          Mike C

• 2. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
            GeneralBones

Thank You So Much For Replying! Sorry For MY Late Reply. I Already Tried The Recovery Bios Method and Noting Happens When I Press F9 Or F10

• 3. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
              mikec_intel

Hi GeneralBones,

I understood; system goes directly to the BIOS, isn’t it? Did you change the BIOS jumper to pins 1 and 2?

Regards,
              Mike C

• 4. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
                GeneralBones

I was able to do the recovery update successfully by taking off the jumper and then putting it back to 1 and 2 for regular boot. I am still not able to enter the bios useing the keyboards. I can only enter it by setting the bios jumpers to 2 and 3 so it boots to the bios automatically. I think that I should also add that when I boot up, with the bios jumper on 1 and 2 or 2 and 3, the boot screen (the one that says press f2 to boot bios or similar) goes on and off multiple times before continuing to boot into Windows or the bios. Also there are different pairs or letters and numbers that are shown one after the other on the bottom right of the screen, such as "E4". Im not at home right now so I can't tell you the exact combinations but I'll be willing to take a video when I get home.

• 5. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
                  N.Scott.Pearson

Ok, your system is booting fine and you haven't indicated that anything is going wrong once Windows is running. Your only concern is that you cannot get into BIOS setup other than by putting the jumper into the Maintenance position, right?

Ok, first of all, the (hexadecimal) numbers that you see appearing in the lower bottom right corner of the screen are BIOS POST Codes. They are normal and do not indicate that anything is wrong (well, not unless the system is hanging and a specific POST Code is being displayed constantly).

Next, let's talk about the splash screen appearing multiple times. The BIOS splash screen is appearing multiple times because the Intel Management Engine is resetting the system multiple times. This doesn't mean that anything is wrong. It was a phenomenon that occurred in early system designs that included an ME (especially the 3 Series boards). It is the reason why you are not getting into BIOS Setup, however. You are pressing F2 - and the BIOS is likely seeing the keystroke - but, before the BIOS can make its way into setup mode, the ME is resetting the system again, wiping out the F2 notification. Bottom line, you never make it into BIOS Setup.

Ok, what to do. It's simple. When the system is reset or powered on, immediately begin pressing (and releasing) the F2 key over and over and over. Again, start immediately; don't wait for a splash screen to appear. Keep hitting the key until the system finally enters BIOS Setup. If you miss and the system starts booting Windows, go back and do it again but, this time, press the F2 key at a faster rate. You will eventually get into BIOS Setup...

...Scott

P.S. Use the same procedure for F10 if you want to get into the Boot menu.

• 6. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
                    GeneralBones

Not even that works. I press 5-7 times a second beginning right as i press the power button. I also unplugged all other usb devices and switch between keyboards to see if that works, but it doesnt

• 7. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
                      N.Scott.Pearson

I can't suggest anything other than...keep trying!

• 8. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
                        GeneralBones

Thanks for your response. That alone is really appreciated. I will keep trying tomorrow!

• 9. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
                          mikec_intel

Hi GeneralBones,

Were you able to fix the problem?

If you are still having the issue, please get into the BIOS using pins 2 and 3. In the BIOS press F9 say yes then, press F10 and say yes. Maybe the Boot display options are disable.

Regards,
                          Mike C

• 10. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
                            GeneralBones

I Am Still having The Issue, Thanks For Responding Again And Sorry For My Late Response, i Thought This Forum Became Dead. When I Do Boot Into The Bios With Pins 2 & 3, I Am Still Unable To Get A Response From Pressing F9 On Both Keyboards.

• 11. Re: DG33FB Latest Bios Problems
                              mikec_intel

Hi GeneralBones,

Try with the PS/2 keyboard only. Turn the system off first, unplug the USB keyboard then, turn computer on.

Did you try to update the BIOS? The BIOS file is available in the link below

Latest BIOS version 0572
                              Downloads for Intel® Desktop Board DG33FB

Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update (Recovery with CD-ROM)
                              Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update

Regards,
                              Mike C