5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 1:08 AM by mhahn

File Transfer for Windows* using SCP

dunex_1

I have a program that I wrote in eclipse. I can only run it on the intel edison via ssh. It creates a tmp file for it in the edison and empties the tmp file whenever I restart it. I want to know how to be able to transfer my eclipse c++ file into the edison and have it run and compile at start up. I checked online and saw the one for linux but I am using windows

Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: File Transfer for Windows* using SCP
          mhahn

The Eclipse file you wrote is already transferred to Edison - otherwise it wouldn't run. Check your project settings where it is put (I think by default in /tmp) and how it is named.

In order to run it at startup you would typically write a systemd script in /lib/systemd/system and enable it via "systemctl enable <yourscript>".

• 2. Re: File Transfer for Windows* using SCP
            dunex_1

Thanks mhahn,

the files saves in the tmp folder. When I opened it from the tmp folder I only see characters and not the code that was written in eclipse IDE. Is there a way to make the code transfer as it is in Eclipse IDE(c/c++)? Also do you have a link where I could see the steps to make systemd script and enable it? I am new to this and I will really appreciate it.

• 3. Re: File Transfer for Windows* using SCP
              mhahn

what you have in the /tmp folder is the compiled binary which you can directly run on the target.

The source code will stay on the host system - why would you want to have it on the target?

On systemd scripts you should find a lot on the web. Maybe start inspecting the existing scripts on your target

• 4. Re: File Transfer for Windows* using SCP
                dunex_1

I want to use the intel Edison with the arduino breakout board as a microcontroller for my robot. So I want to write my code in C++ in the eclipse IDE and have it run and execute once power is supplied to the microcontroller. It should be doing things like get data from sensors, get a direction/heading from a compass and with that navigate the robot with motors. So with that I think that I need the code in the microcontroller for the robot to be able to function, because I would not have my laptop run the code every time and its a school project.

• 5. Re: File Transfer for Windows* using SCP
                  mhahn

on your laptop is the SOURCE code. On the target is the BINARY. As mentioned the binary is already there. Via systemd you can make it run automatically