Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Skylake: Video problems.

DFork
Novice

I recently installed the Skylake i5 6500 and I'm experiencing problems with viewing video files that I never had with the onboard graphics with my Ivy Bridge CPU. The main problem is continuous shutter with MP4 HD video files. DVD files don't shutter, but have a lot of flashing. I'm using the Asus Z170M Plus motherboard with 8gb of DDR4 RAM from Crucial and a PowerDVD player.

So far I've re-installed the graphics driver and checked all the settings, updated the BIOS and raised the video cache to the 1024MB maximum in the BIOS.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DFork
Novice

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

shutter lines in video playback

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

continuously with MP4 HD files

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

DIY

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

no

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Panasonic Plasma screen, via HDMI

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8gb ddr4

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Asus Z170M Plus motherboard

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

<...
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Fork,

I have escalated this issue, as soon as I have an answer I will be updating this thread.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
DFork
Novice

This problem appears to have been corrected by upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10.

BTW, (10 days with no response) your support team is not too efficient with responding to these issues.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Your feedback is important to us and we thank you for taking the time to communicate this information.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi Fork,

I extend to you a formal apology for lack of response received after submitting your issue. I've spoken with the Agent and updated our policies to mitigate responses from falling thru the cracks moving fwd.

That said, I fully understand you've resolved it by upgrading to Win10, but I would still like to forward the details up to my engineering dept for further review, in case there is a gap to fill for those who aren't making the move. But I would need some additional answers than what you provided. If you're willing, could you help me out answering what you can of them real quick?

Gfx driver versions you tested and failed?

Model # of your external panel - Panasonic [model]

Version # of PowerDVD

Do you have Win7 service packs installed?

Are all the WU (Win Updates) completed?

What's the BIOS version?

Does it fail in the same manner with any other file formats like .mkv, or only mp4?

Are the failing vids H.264 or WMV?

Did you see this failure on any other system, or just the one you have?

Do you have a video file that failed for you which you can send us via dropbox or Google Drive to test?

0 Kudos