7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 11:31 AM by mikec_intel

intel nuc nuc5i3ryh HDMI port isue

Stanislovas

Hello, I have an isue with intel nuc nuc5i3ryh HDMI port,

My nuc connected to a tv if NUc boot up with turned on tv everything is ok, but if i restart nuc remotely with turned off tv hdmi not start, and i get no signal on the screen.

I've tried to update Bios to the latest version and no change, the same problem stay on different operating sistems i have tryed windows 8.1 and windows 10, at the moment i have installed OpenElec, the problem still there. Any sugestions, maybe some kind of bios settings.

update: I tried to change hdmi cable, didn't help.

• 1. Re: intel nuc nuc5i3ryh HDMI port isue
          mlun58

HDMI and NUC seems to be something that does not work together. I have struggled with the same issue for months, and received various suggestions about buying an old HDMI 2 cable, but I have been unable to make any of my larger TV screens accept input from my 5i5RYH. On a smaller PC screen it works. I suspect that the box simply cannot deliver a sufficient voltage to make the port connect / discover that something is connected.

Maybe there is some kind of signal amplifier that could make this work?

• 2. Re: intel nuc nuc5i3ryh HDMI port isue
            mikec_intel

Hi Stanislovas,

In regards the remote access without video issue I recommend you to follow the steps of the link below:

Intel® NUC Boards and Kits — Remote Access to Intel® NUCs

Regards,
            Mike C

• 3. Re: intel nuc nuc5i3ryh HDMI port isue
              Stanislovas

I'm sorry but i think i have almost everything but any of suggested way not working, only one way is to buy Buy the DR.HDMI and spent 75 Euro for Intels bug ? One more question, can I get replacement of  my NUC is this issue covered by warranty ??

• 4. Re: intel nuc nuc5i3ryh HDMI port isue
                mikec_intel

Hi Stanislovas,

Intel products have 3 years of warranty since the date of purchase, it will be necessary to provide the proof of purchase.

In regards the issue with remote access, please send to us the information below, plus the program that you are using to get access remotely.

Please run Intel® System Support Utility and reply the summary of the test.
                Download Intel® System Support Utility

For warranty process, please contact the customer support team:
                Contact Support

Regards,
                Mike C

• 5. Re: intel nuc nuc5i3ryh HDMI port isue
                  Fabianius

I have experienced the same problem, too. It happens when within a second after turning on the NUC no powered device is connected via HDMI. You are forced to shut down the NUC then to get another chance on the next boot. I would like to be able to turn on the NUC without a powered device on the HDMI port as well, though.

I believe the issue lies in the fact that DisplayPort is treated as the display interface to default to if no screen was detected (neither on HDMI nor DisplayPort). I wish Intel added an option in the BIOS to make HDMI the default display interface. This means that whenever no screen was detected, it would output a signal and listen on HDMI instead of DisplayPort. If this is not possible, an option to completly disable DisplayPort in the BIOS would solve this for me, too.

• 6. Re: intel nuc nuc5i3ryh HDMI port isue
                    Stanislovas

Yes it exactly the my problem, you explained it much better when me , maybe mikec_intel now stop talking about remote desktop problem and try to suggest anything what help us. By the way anybody have tried to connect thru display port, does the problem appear ?

I have tried to setup in the bios HDMI as primary display it didn't changed anything.

• 7. Re: intel nuc nuc5i3ryh HDMI port isue
                      mikec_intel

Hi,

I misunderstood your question. In the BIOS it is possible to select the HDMI port as primary video port. Get into the BIOS>Advanced>Devices>Video>Video Configuration> Change IGD Primary Video Port.

I tested as follow.

1) Intel® NUC Kit 5i3ryh with straight Mini-HDMI 1.4a to HDMI port plugged to TV. Turned the NUC on, wait 30 seconds then, power TV on and I got video. No issues.

2)  Intel® NUC Kit 5i3ryh with straight Mini-DP 1.2 to DP port plugged to TV. Turned the NUC on, wait 30 seconds then, power TV on and I got video. No issues.

I tested with BIOS versions 0130, 0247 and 0350.

If you don’t get video, please try with a higher quality video cable.

Regards,
                      Mike C