1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2016 2:51 AM by r3Dk

Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K

topax

Hi guys, some weeks ago I built my new pc with i5 6600K, MSI Gaming M5, 2*4GB Corsair ddr4 Vengeance LPX @3000mhz and a Corsair HX620W(I already got it). I have a problem because sometimes the screen doesn't work(black screen with a written message "not supported mode"). The screen starts with some "interferencies": sometimes the problems solves itself, sometimes i have to reboot the pc. I have already update the MB BIOS to the 1.4 version and I have updated the VGA driver to the latest avaiable version. It's not a problem of temperatures(idle 24°C, in game 42°C-I have a Noctua NH-U9S)... What can I do? Should I ask for an RMA? Is it a driver problem or is it related to the CPU/MB? Thank you!

• 1. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
          Amy_Intel

Hello topax,

Could you please let us know the operating system you're using?

Regards,

Amy.

• 2. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
            topax

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

• 3. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
              Amy_Intel

Please fill out the following form Default level information for reporting Graphics issues and post it here.

Regards,

Amy.

• 4. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                orsag

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

The issue is very close to the original post. The difference is my hardware (Skylake i5 with HD 530, MB MSI Z170 Gaming M3, 32 GB DDR4 memory HyperX).

The problem started by noise in various lines on the screen then elevated to sometimies blinking or total blackout of the screen. I tried to check cable attachement, set various memory settings, unplug memory modules, but nothing helps. Only in the BIOS environment is the graphics OK.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?
                If you can offer a % rate please do.

It happens irregularly and I do not know any way to reproduce the problem. As this machine is brand new I can only roughly estimate it happens 25% of all the time it runs.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Own build.

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
                ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Using IG only, for the purposes of writing of this issue I installed an nvidia card (no graphics issues with the discrete GC, obviously).

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
                LFP
                = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
                EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

EFP HP LP2465

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

32 GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
                ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

NA

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&SUBSYS_79781462&REV_06

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&SUBSYS_79781462

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&CC_0300

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

64bit Windows 10 Enterprise

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

NA

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

single display

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1920 x 1200 @ 59p

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

AC 230 V, plugged in

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
                A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Turn on the PC
                2. Wait OS to boot
                3. On the login you can already see the issue, sometimes later, sometimes it stabilizes for a few minutes.
                • 5. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                  topax

Wow, it is almost the same problem! The interesting thing is the we have the same motherboard brand, so probably it is a BIOS problem! I will report this also to MSI, maybe there are other people with the same problem! Apparently, the only way to solve the problem is to use a graphic card(I can't afford it now since I am a worker-student, I hope I will soon). I will report to Intel too, thank you!

• 6. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                    topax

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Sometimes some lines(or better, some rectangular points) appera on the screen: when it happens, the screen blackouts("not supported mode" appears on the screen, or "check for the screen connection). Only thing to do is to reboot the system, but sometimes I have the B2 error on my motherboard(that is linked to a VGA problem, probably the BIOS or something like that)

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?
                    If you can offer a % rate please do.

Only sometimes, 50%

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Own built: Intel i5 6600K, MSI Gaming M5, 2X4GB ddr4 Corsair LPX @ 3000 MHZ, 750GB Western Digital Caviar Black, Noctua NH-U9S

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
                    ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Only IG

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
                    LFP
                    = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
                    EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Samsung P2390HD

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8GB ddr4 3000MHZ

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
                    ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

HDMI & DVI cables

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&SUBSYS_79771462&REV_06

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&SUBSYS_79771462

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&CC_0300

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 10 64 bit

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Even in starting screen

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Single display

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1920*1080(tried lowerresolutions and various refresh rates)

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

AC 230 V, plugged in

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
                    A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Turn on the pc
                    2. if it doesn't happen in the starting screen, it will probably happen in other moments(gaming, Office use, etc)

We have the same hardware stepping: is it a fault stock?

I will do a new post with files

EDIT: I looked better at your files and I've seen that you have an i5 6500, while I have a i5 6600K: I was wrong when I wrote about the stock, sorry, I was tired after a university day. I don't know which i s the problem, I think I will probably ask an RMA for the MB and, in case I will have the same problem, I will ask an RMA for the CPU too, In case I will face the same problem, I will buy a VGA and use the pc... It's really stressful buying a new pc with your own (few) money and having problems using it (above all for my university studies)... I hope the problem will be solved...

• 7. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                      topax

I updated drivers to the new version but the problem is worst... Now every time I use it I have the problem(immediately after standby)

• 8. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                        Amy_Intel

Let me perform an investigation about this issue, I will be updating this thread.

Regards,

Amy.

• 9. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                          Amy_Intel

Hello orsag,

Have you tried with the latest graphics version? Here is the link if you haven't try Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40].

Regards,

Amy.

• 10. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                            orsag

Hi Amy, I will give it go next week at work, where is that PC. At the moment I am on a discrete GC and the system is running fine. I hope for a functional IGC, though. Hope this will help even though I think it is more BIOS related (or both BIOS and driver), since in various live Linux distros the issue happens too (unless the drivers are the same for all systems, which I doubt).

• 11. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                              orsag

Hi, so the new drivers did not solve the issue. As I said, I think it is probably BIOS related, unless the hardware is defective. The problem is that the issue can be caused either by the motherboard or CPU or memory... I do not have means to test, which one is true.

• 12. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                                Amy_Intel

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

• 13. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                                  orsag

Progress update: a new BIOS has been published, but it has not solved any of my issues, it actually added one more - the PC restarts itself once or twice a day.

• 14. Re: Problem with HD 530 on i5 6600K
                                    topax

Same here! BIOS 1.5 released, I tried it but it didn't solve anything! I tried to explain the problem in the MSI forum too, but they say there are bent pins(there are not, I checked!). Intel, can you do something for that?

1 2 Previous Next