Can you give more lines of the `make` error?
Haven’t got pd to work myself yet either. If I recall correctly, it did compile and run sketches but didn’t play audio.
Hi postITnote ,
You can’t use the command:
echo "src/gz all http://repo.opkg.net/galileo/repo/all
src/gz clanton http://repo.opkg.net/galileo/repo/clanton
src/gz i586 http://repo.opkg.net/galileo/repo/i586" >> /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf
This is because the repo: http://repo.opkg.net/galileo/repo is for Galileo/uclibC image and not for Edison. For Edison, you must follow the instructions in: Edison Package Repo Configuration Instructions
You can try with:
root@edison:~# echo "src/gz all http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/all src/gz edison http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/edison src/gz core2-32 http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32" >> /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf root@edison:~# opkg update root@edison:~# opkg install git root@edison:~# git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/pure-data root@edison:~# cd pure-data root@edison:~/pure-data# ./autogen.sh root@edison:~/pure-data# ./configure --enable-alsa root@edison:~/pure-data# make root@edison:~/pure-data# make install
Let us know the result of trying with this
I pointed to that tutorial, but I didn't use the Galileo repo for the reason you state. I am using AlexT_Intel's repo. I've been piecing together any info I can find and excluding the parts that I believe won't work. After writing to my base-feeds.config file to pull from Alex_T's repo, I went through the commands you suggest before I wrote the post, which lead to the noted errors and with a patch that opened, but I couldn't hear. I'm going to get some advice today from a friend and will update if it moves forward.
Interesting. Perhaps my audio isn't set up correctly for PD either. In my configuration summary it seems to say that the jack is not enabled, which I tried to correct with.
However, it still says "no".
Here are the links to my gists with everything that spits out after each command.
Thanks for looking!
No, I've needed to move on using Timbre.js for now. Which I am having issues with as well. Eventually I will get back to it.