9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 5:36 PM by CMata_Intel

Arduino sketch upload unsuccessful, just hangs.

DangerousTim

So yeah I was working on a little project, using the Arduino IDE (1.6.5) and a bit of python, when all of a sudden the Edison stopped accepting any Arduino sketch. Like, it was working okay for a while, and i didn't even reboot it before I came across this problem. Here's the message from the Arduino IDE:

#COM ports are not always setup to be addressed via COM for redirect.

#/dev/ttySx are present. Howwever, COMy -> /dev/ttySx where x = y - 1

com_port_arg=$3

com_port_id=${com_port_arg/COM/}

echo "COM PORT" $com_port_id

tty_port_id=/dev/ttyS$((com_port_id-1))

echo "Converted COM Port" $com_port_arg "to tty port" $tty_port_id

echo "Sending Command String to move to download if not already in download mode"

echo "~sketch downloadEdison" > $tty_port_id

C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.2+1.0/clupload/cluploadEdison_win.sh: line 42: /dev/ttyS3: No such file or directory

#Move the existing sketch on target.

echo "Deleting existing sketch on target"

"$fixed_path/lsz.exe" --escape -c "mv -f /sketch/sketch.elf /sketch/sketch.elf.old" <> $tty_port_id 1>&0

C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.2+1.0/clupload/cluploadEdison_win.sh: line 46: /dev/ttyS3: No such file or directory

# Execute the target download command

#Download the file.

host_file_name=$2

"$fixed_path/lsz.exe" --escape --binary --overwrite $host_file_name <> $tty_port_id 1>&0

C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.2+1.0/clupload/cluploadEdison_win.sh: line 51: /dev/ttyS3: No such file or directory

Moving downloaded file to /sketch/sketch.elf on target

#mv the downloaded file to /sketch/sketch.elf

target_download_name="${host_file_name##*/}"

echo "Moving downloaded file to /sketch/sketch.elf on target"

"$fixed_path/lsz.exe" --escape -c "mv $target_download_name /sketch/sketch.elf; chmod +x /sketch/sketch.elf" <> $tty_port_id 1>&0

C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.2+1.0/clupload/cluploadEdison_win.sh: line 56: /dev/ttyS3: No such file or directory

This isn't the entire message but hopefully enough for someone to figure out the problem, because its just hieroglyphs to me.

What i have tried:

1. Deleted sketch.elf and sketch.elf.old in /sketch on the Edison (I've done this before when i had such problems. Note that i did this After the problem began)

2. Tried to use 1.6.4 instead of 1.6.5 IDE (but to no avail, same errors)

3.Reinstalled the edison AND FTDI drivers (downloaded the standalone drivers)

4. Checked the come ports:

Intel virtual com port - com4  -- I've selected this port in the Arduino IDE

USB Serial Port - com6 -- putty works absolutely alright

5. Reflashed the image (version 159)

6. Checked usb cables, connections etc

7 Reset the Edison a million times

Obviously none of this worked. I dont know what will.

Some other details that might be helpful:

1. Edison Image version - 159
      2. WiFi, SSH, and putty Serial connection works well
      3. No sketch uploads at all, including Blink. Sketches worked normally before problem suddenly appeared.

I'll be grateful to anyone who can help me because i'm really trying to finish this project before tuesday.  Thanks in Advance!