Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Lag after upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

AFazl
Beginner

Hello. After upgrading to Win7 to Win10 appeared unresponsive for 1-2 seconds when you install the software in the settings, for example, right-click on the desktop -> Display Settings -> hovering mouse for 2 seconds. In Win7 such freezes were not. I also tried a "clean" installation of windows 10, but lags were. It looks like the lag associated with the work of the other card. Here's the video: https://yadi.sk/i/iFiO7-RsiJS4h Yandex.Disk . Support Nvidia said that the problem is in Intel graphics card.

Features Laptop: Lenovo Y580, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M, Intel Core i7-3610qm, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD Plextor.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the video. Does this issue still happen after loading driver version 4276?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

Allan.

0 Kudos
AFazl
Beginner

I installed the driver by the above link you, but lag still remains. Still I need help.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Doaxan,

Let me perform a lab under these circumstances, I will be updating this thread. In the meantime try the following; uninstall the current Intel® Graphics Driver that you have on your system, you can follow these instructions http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034574.htm Graphics Drivers — Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel Display/HDMI Audio Driver. Once the driver is completely uninstalled go ahead and run the Windows Update, that way Windows will look for the driver missing and install it.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
AFazl
Beginner

After removing the driver, Intel, the lag was gone(NO LAG), instead of "Intel HD 4000" appeared "Basic graphics adapter (Microsoft)." But I'm still looking for a driver from Intel, because I work with 3D programs (Blender), in Windows 7 driver from Intel worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
AFazl
Beginner

After Windows 10 will automatically install the driver, I have done a reboot and lags reappeared.

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III
0 Kudos
AFazl
Beginner

I do not need to disable the driver update, I myself can install any version of the driver. The fact is that any driver from Intel creates a lag (hang) system. If I remove the driver, the lags are lost, but I need a driver from Intel to work. The only way I see the release of a new driver from Intel, solves my problem. I am willing to provide any data to solve my problem. Once again, I had to reinstall Windows 10, so the problem is not exactly on my system. On Windows 7, everything worked perfectly, but I need for Windows 10 and Intel.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the information attached.

It's unfortunate that you have this issue with our drivers but since this is isolated issue I would recommend to wait until there is a new driver release.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
AFazl
Beginner

Thank you for your attention, I will wait for a new version of the driver. If you need any details I certainly give them to you.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

You´re welcome.

Regards.

0 Kudos