2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2015 7:19 AM by FixxeS

Can I erase Intel folder located on C drive???

FixxeS

I have a intel folder on my C drive, which contains 2 folders: gp and logs.

gp folder is empty, Logs folder has an archive called IntelCHPS.

can I delete this folder? will it not harm my computer or Intel drivers?

• 1. Re: Can I erase Intel folder located on C drive???
          mathew17

Personally, I wouldn't.

This folder almost certainly has various drivers that you'll need if you ever rebuild the system, and it's far easier to keep hold of them somewhere than to have to find them all again. At the very least burn them onto a CD before deleting from the HDD.

(Plus I usually find that they're fairly small folders since drivers aren't usually that big... are you really going to save that much Space?)

• 2. Re: Can I erase Intel folder located on C drive???
            FixxeS

gp folder is empty, Logs folder has a .txt archive, which is also empty. so, Intel folder located at C drive has 0KB...I want to know if I can erase this folder because I don't know if it is from my recent windows upgrade or if this folder was created while I was running windows 7... I updated my computer to windows 10, and I selected to mantain my personal folders, but I know also that doing that it will keep every folder and archives that are on C drive.

thats why I came here, personally it seems useless, but well, better ask right?