Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

HD5500 Graphics Card - Extremely blurry resolution on extended monitor

WLong4
Beginner

Hello,

When extending my display onto a 32" monitor via HDMI, I get very blurry text and distorted images in general regardless of resolution. I am running W10 64-bit on a new HP Laptop that has a Intel HD Graphics 5500 display adapter. I have attempted to update the drivers but the Intel utility tells me I am up to date. When I try to install the driver directly I get errors that tell me the version is not correct (even though I have clearly selected the correct driver package).

Is this a driver issue or something else?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello WLong711,

Please fill the following form and post it here.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
WLong4
Beginner

This should be everything asked for. Thanks!

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

When connecting an external monitor, everything is blurry/fuzzy on the monitor... particularly text.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

Every time

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Laptop: HP15-ac121dx

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Not sure, the only display adapter is an Intel HD Graphics 5500

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

EFP is an Insignia 32" LED

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below...

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Could you please confirm the model of the monitor and the HDMI cable you're using? You can attach a picture or even the link for reference.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
WLong4
Beginner

Hello,

It's an Insignia NS-32D512NA15 (32" 1080p) but it's confusing because it also says NS-32D312NA15 on one of the labels (which is a 720p) version. Perhaps that's it... 1080 versus 720? I've used 3 different HDMI cables and confirmed that's not the problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
WLong4
Beginner

I decided to try something I hadn't thought of previously which was plug my laptop to my new 70" 4K UHD TV. When I did I received resolution options up to 4K and it was crystal clear. Therefore it definitely appears I have an issue with the monitor and not my video card. I'm going to exchange it and see what happens. I'll let you know. For now, I don't believe the issue is the graphics adapter.

Thanks again for all of your help!

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. Your feedback is important to us and I thank you for taking the time to communicate your solution.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos