5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 12:08 PM by Fulvio

Problem with Intel HD 5500 Graphics, Please Help?

davidjones141

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 14 with an intel core i7-5500U

The graphics frequency never goes below the max clock (950Mhz) even when in the "Maximum Battery Life" Power Plan??

• 1. Re: Problem with Intel HD 5500 Graphics, Please Help?
          allan_intel

What driver version are currently running on the computer?

Which version of Windows do you have? windows 7-8 or Windows 10? 32 or 64 bit

What program are you using to check the graphics frequency?

Allan.

• 2. Re: Problem with Intel HD 5500 Graphics, Please Help?
            davidjones141

I'm on graphics driver version 10.18.15.4279 (Latest one as far as I'm aware)

I have fully uninstalled it, restarted and reinstalled it but that hasnt worked.
            I have Windows 10 64 Bit

I'm Checking the frequency using two programmes :
            Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Latest Version) and HWMonitor by CPUID (also latest version)
            Both of these programmes display the frequency in real time and they are both showing identical frequencies.

When on either "Maximum Battery Life" or "Balanced" power plans the frequency is at 948MHz/950MHZ around 95% of the time. It will very occasionally drop to 448MHz/450MHz when on battery saving (somewhere in between if on balanced) before going straight back up to 950MHz. This is irrespective of whether it is on AC Power or not.

Thanks, David

• 3. Re: Problem with Intel HD 5500 Graphics, Please Help?
              allan_intel

This type of configuration is always set through BIOS. It might be that you need new BIOS update or you need to check with Lenovo for additional settings to adjust in BIOS.

Allan.

• 4. Re: Problem with Intel HD 5500 Graphics, Please Help?
                Fulvio

Hello,

sorry to reply to an old 3d, but i have the same issue:

My gpu always runs at 900mhz also when the system is idle (base clock should be 200 or 300 mhz).

My config is:

notebook HP 15-r225nl

cpu i5 5200u (with gpu intel hd 5500)

latest bios installed

latest intel video driver installed (20.19.15.4501 11/08/2016) after cleanig propely the old one

win 10 home x64 with all updates

I'm quite sure this issue occorred since the upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10.

In the bios there is no setting about video card profiles.

Intel driver options are set to default (balanced mode), but nothing changes going from max percofmance to battery saving or balanced.

can you help us? I would also ask davidjones141if he solved the issue.

Thanks a lot

• 5. Re: Problem with Intel HD 5500 Graphics, Please Help?
                  Fulvio

The issue is still present after a clean installation on windows 10 home version 1607, build 14393.447 with latest intel video driver  20.19.15.4531 and latest intel chipset driver 10.1.1.14.

Gpu still goes always on full speed 900 mhz.

Any suggestion?