1 2 3 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2010 12:48 PM by S64OzZ

DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..

S64OzZ

DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues.. Intel any word on what your doing to fix this issue?

• 1. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
          Nico

what's the issue again?

• 2. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
            S64OzZ

Ok whats going on is, the apple iPhone will not sync with ITunes. Issue on apple site is, the chip set, has an issue with the apple iPhone.

P55 chip set is not letting the apple iphone sync. http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2157442&start=15&tstart=0

• 3. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
              beerman

Below is what I have been able to get from tech support chat so far.  This was as of 11/30/09.  I have been checking daily for a bios update, but still the problem remains.  So apparently they know this is a chipset problem.  I also know that other motherboard manufacturers have released updates to fix the P55 problem.  Intel must be doing some heavy testing before the release.  Oh, and Peter is my first name. 

Tech support:

you: Hello Aldy, I am having an issue syncing my iphone on my new desktop. I have a dp55kg mother board, and I am running windows 7 ultimate(32 bit). I have read much online that there is a problem with the p55 chipset windows 7 and iphone syncing. Can you help me fix this at all?

Aldy: Yes, our leading theory is that this is a BIOS or system configuration issue, but we are still investigating. 

Aldy: We are actively working to investigate the issue and we will provide an update as soon as possible thru our support site Mr. Peter.

you: Wonderful so there will be some sort of fix or bios update coming?

Aldy: Yes Mr. Peter.  We are already aware of the issue.

you: Good, thank you. If my system configuration can help the process let me know. Otherwise thank you.

Aldy: As of the moment no need Mr. Peter since this is under investigation.  But thank you for the assistance.

• 4. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                S64OzZ

They need to fix this now.......

• 5. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                  beerman

Agreed.  Extremely popular operating system, extremely popular phone, extreme motherboard made by the people that invented the chipset, but they can't talk to each other!!!  I have been having this problem since September when I first built my system...three months.  I have restored my phone and lost info repeatedly.  I have wiped and reinstalled iTunes about 4 times.  I have tried every fix and tweak that people have recomended and nothing.  I bought an Intel brand board so I wouldn't have problems like this.

• 6. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                    jpiszcz

Hi,

As a workaround, you can install a PCI or PCI-e USB add-on card, that should fix the problem, it is a known issue with their USB ports on this/related boards.

Justin.

• 7. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                      buckerss

+1

was just about to post about this

using a 55wg, more or less the same board

why the **** would i go out and buy a pci/pcie usb card when i just bought a brand new mobo???

intel hurry the **** up and release a bios update.  i read its because there is not enough power being supplied by the p55 chipset to the usb devices. which makes sense to me because i have had another issue with this board where i was using a usb unpowered hub to hook up a keyboard, mouse and wacom tablet and i would constantly get bosds bc there was not enough power for all 3 devices on the same port. 

the computer i was using earlier this summer, G33 chipset worked perfectly fine when i connected all 3 devices to a usb unpowered hub, no issues, no bosd.  this is pretty ridiculous, i cant believe there is not a fix out yet. it is no excuse that this is new technology, bugs like this should be worked out upon release, dont give us half tested products, what ********. hurry up!

• 8. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                        jpiszcz

Hi,

It was just a suggestion, I had similar issue with a UPS (reading/monitoring the power) a few months ago, (if you can't wait for the BIOS update), get a card, the card works fine.

Justin.

• 9. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                          mr.nick

Very similar reply to my support chat on 10th November... and still waiting on the update.

Asus and Gigabyte issued fixes on this weeks ago, why not Intel?

All my builds in 15+ years have used Intel boards and while they may not be the cheapest or fastest, they just worked. The DP55KG is supposedly Intel's premier P55 board but has a buggy USB and eSATA implementation. Never again.

• 10. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                            beerman

Yeah, this was my first Intel manufactured board.  I had heard the same thing.  They just worked.  I have always used that other company's processors, but I thought I would give a i7 p55 system a shot.  It's a shame I got burned.  I could just get a PCI-e card but that is not the point.  It should just work.

• 11. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                              S64OzZ

Intel needs to fix this ASAP, they build Chips for MAC and they are very dumb to ket this go on as long as they have.

An Intel Rep should respond to this thread...

• 12. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                                beerman

No new bios.  Intel tech support any updates?  Seriously...it's been ten days since the original post.  I work in customer service.  I pride myself on the work that I do.  Then I use my hard-earned money to purchase one of your products.  If I ignored one customer's question, let alone a group of them for ten days, I would be out of a job.  We are trying to give a company we trust or in some cases used to trust the opportunity to restore our faith by at least keeping us in the loop.  So, I ask again...any updates?

• 13. Re: DP55KG Chip set Bois and Apple iPhone sync issues..
                                  joot29

Actually, my computer has the DP55WB chipset, which also has the same problem.  This is completely unacceptable.  Gigabyte and ASUS issued BIOS update fixes.  Shame on you, Intel.  Why doesn't an Intel representative update us on the status of a fix for this issue.  The list of angry, frustrated people will get longer and longer.  This problem is not going to go away.  I honestly can't believe that Intel and Apple can't work together.  This just gives MAC people another reason to humiliate us.

1 2 3 Previous Next