1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 4:14 PM by ivanu_intel

Cant see anything on screen

montana2

Hi,

I just got my NUC5CPYH with crucial 4gb DDR3L.

i connected it to the TV with HDMI turned on the device, but i cant see anything on screen.

what is the problem?

• 1. Re: Cant see anything on screen
          ivanu_intel

Hello montana2,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Did the system work and then failed or it never worked?

Do you get any blink lights when you turn on the system?

Do you get any fan activity?

Three blink lights on the LED close to the power button indicate defective memory or maybe the memory is not seated properly. Remove and reinstall the memory modules to make sure they are fully seated in the sockets.

You can also try testing suspected defective memory in a different system if it is possible.

Are you using straight connection from the NUC to the monitor or are you using any adapters? If yes, we recommend using straight connection from the HDMI NUC to the HDMI TV.

If the display has multiple HDMI inputs, make sure you have selected the correct one.

Make sure the cable if fully connected on both sides and move the unit to a deferent place.

If the above troubleshooting steps above do not work, shut off the system, open the unit and remove the jumper located on the motherboard and turn the system back on and see if you get any video, if yes, you will get two option, one that it says “Suppress this menu until the BIOS Security Jumper is replaced” and the other one says “Clear BIOS User and Supervisor Passwords.”

Select the one that it says Suppress this menu until the BIOS Security Jumper is replaced, after that make sure the system is off and place the jumper back on as it was and turn the system back on to see if you get any video.

Thanks,