Download this driver:
- Locate the setup.exe file for the device to be installed
- Right click on the setup.exe and select properties
- Select the Compatibility tab
- In the compatibility mode section check the box “Run the program in compatibility mode for:”
- Select the following in the drop down “Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)”
- At the bottom of the properties window set the privilege level by checking the box in front of “Run the program as an administrator”
- Click Apply
- Click OK to exit out of the properties window
- Double click on the setup.exe and follow the normal install/setup steps
Usually, LPC used to be due to many reasons where one of them on desktop:
- Infra Red, i am not sure if you have this option in the bios.
Advanced> Peripheral Configuration > IR > Disable
IR works only on Vista. So i assume it would be same for windows 7.
Note: this is usually for intel desktop board, for laptop may be something is connected to the LPC bus, so i wont be able to give you an exact answer on this.
All the best,