8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2010 3:43 PM by cesarg

DP55WB Windows 7 fails to boot

cesarg

Windows 7 fails to boot with 4GB of Intel tested memory. Have tried various configuraion, dual channel, other. Also validated memory is okay. So long as only one of the two KVR1333D3N9K2/4G dimms are installed I have no problems. Lastly, I'm on the latest BIOS revision.

• 1. Re: DP55WB Windows 7 fails to boot
          JCPencils

I have the same problem. I have 2 2gig sticks and when I pull one, it loads win7 fine. Otherwise I get blue screens everytime when booting. I found when I run memory diagnostic tool from the Windows 7 disk, it then loads Win7 after fine and the computer is ok all day. It then happens all over again the next day.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DP55WB Windows 7 fails to boot
            cesarg

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any work around as of yet. I've also run Memtest for a day and both sticks pass. For now, I think I will just have to wait and hope it is an Intel problem to be resolved at some point by BIOS update.

• 3. Re: DP55WB Windows 7 fails to boot
              JWS1642

If you didn't remove and/or reinstall the CPU, this won't apply. But just in case you did, double check reinstallation for bent/broken pin on socket.  I just had same problem on a DP55KG and went round&round trying to determine why only one RAM stick was recognized and nothing in the A-Channel.  Turned out the tech bent then broke a CPU socket pin.  Replaced motherboard and now all is fine with same (all 4) RAMs.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: DP55WB Windows 7 fails to boot
                cesarg

I do not recall having too much trouble with the CPU install, but it was my first time with this type of socket. Thanks for the hint. I'll post if this turns out to be the problem.

• 5. Re: DP55WB Windows 7 fails to boot
                  JCPencils

OCZ Technologies sent me to this link so I could boot from the disk to check the memory better than booting from win7 disk. Just save to your hd and then burn a disk and boot from it. That easy. http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

I ran it and one of the two sticks was bad. So I think I found my problem.

• 6. Re: DP55WB Windows 7 fails to boot
                    JWS1642

One other comment.  I also had OCZ Tech sticks.  I didn't find out until after I'd already purchased them that the board I have (slightly different number than yours) requires Low Voltage version.  Double check your RAM to be sure it is compatible with the mobo since yours may also require less than 1.6v.

• 7. Re: DP55WB Windows 7 fails to boot
                      cesarg

Thanks for all the suggestions. The voltage is correct. I purchased the memory after reviewing the compatibility list provided by Intel. I know both sticks were good, but memtest was a good confirmation. I belived that it may have been a poorly seated CPU do to one or more of the heatsink/fan to motherboard clips not being fully locked. Or potentially one of the driver updates.

• 8. Re: DP55WB Windows 7 fails to boot
                        cesarg

Re-seated the CPU and of course have always updated drivers and patches. Not sure what solved the issue. I suspect that the first time I seated the CPU I did not properly lock all of the mount pins to the motherboard.

Just a note to all who have commented. The memory was on the Intel compatibility list. Passed memtest and the voltage was correct.