Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Problem with updating graphics.

CChan87
Beginner

I was trying to update my graphics with the Intel Driver Update Utility to the latest version as my current version was old. But once it was done and my computer had restarted the version did not update even though Intel Driver Update Utility said there was a new version that it updated. I was wondering if anyone knows why this is and how I can fix it to update to the latest version.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello callumchandler,

Could you please sent us a snapshot of the driver version you have on the Intel® Driver Update Utility and one from Device Manager specifically Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics> Right click> Properties> Driver.

Regards,

Amy.

CChan87
Beginner

Here is the screen shots you asked for. Thanks Amy_Intel

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the pictures.

Could you please sent us a snapshot of the driver version stated on the Intel® Driver Update Utility?

The version you currently have, .4276, it's in fact the latest version for your graphics.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
CChan87
Beginner
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

In this case the version installed 10.18.10.4276 on your system is the latest version, the driver utility must be linking the previous version as the latest but for your graphics controller the 10.18.10.4276 is the latest.

For further reference http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-020667.htm Graphics Drivers — Understanding The Intel® Graphics Driver Version Number.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos