1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2015 7:32 AM by kevin_intel

Cannot enable 7.1 audio output on NUC5i5RYH

Stivie886

HI all,

i have an issue with my NUC5i5RYH.  For some reason I cannot enable 7.1 audio output.  My NUC is connected to a Samsung 7.1 audio receiver.  When I look at my Intel Display Audio properties, it looks like the NUC auto-detects that a Samsung monitor is connected because it automatically labelled it as 'SAMSUNG' and changed the icon to a TV.  When I look at the Supported formats tab it says that the max. Number of channels is 6 and encoded formats are DTS audio and Dolby Digital.  There is no way for me to change that.  Does anyone know how I can enable 7.1 channels?  Any way to trick or force the system?

thanks

• 1. Re: Cannot enable 7.1 audio output on NUC5i5RYH
          kevin_intel

Hello Stivie886,

This specific NUC model can handle 7.1 thru the DTS-HD Master Audio* (Lossless Blu-ray Disc Audio Format). In order to use the 7.1 output, it is required to use an HDMI 1.4a cable or MiniDP 1.2 cable.

It is also important to say that the Realtek HD Audio via a stereo microphone/headphone 3.5 mm jack on the front panel of the NUC can only do mono or stereo so you will need to get either an USB adapter that can generate 7.1 audio output or use the HDMI/DP cable with a device that support this audio format.

Kevin M