1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 3:17 PM by mark_h_@intel

Intel Driver Update Utility not installing?

Alex_M

I downloaded a PC game which requires me to update my driver, and to do that I need to install the Driver Utility. However, the installation always fails right at the last moment and gives an error message. Here are the details:

Message:          One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file.    

0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation

According to the log file, (which I can post if needed) there seems to be an error installing, executing, and configuring the MSI package.

My computer runs on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

If someone can help me fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

• 1. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility not installing?
          mark_h_@intel

Hi Alex_M,

Sorry you're having trouble with the installation. Check in the installed programs to see if an older version of the utility might be installed. If it is try uninstalling the old version before installing the new version.

A workaround to using the Intel Driver Update Utility would be to manually download the updated driver. If you're not sure what Intel components are in your PC, you can use:  Intel® System Identification Utility - Identify Your Product..

You can then type the model number of the device component in the Intel® Download Center. When you start to type the device information into the search box, you should see the device name appear and you can click on it to get the list of available drivers and software.

I'm guessing the game wants you to upgrade a graphics driver. I don't know what model graphics you have, but this example should work for any model. Here is an example for my Intel HD Graphics 4400. I didn't have to type the entire name. I just clicked on the product name that popped up and it took me to the list of drivers.

SearchDwnld.png

I hope this helps.

Mark