Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows 10 Upgrade - Graphical Distortion in Some Apps

AAxel
Beginner

HI everyone,

Hope this issue is articulated well. I upgrade my HP Omen to Windows 10 and, so far, everything looks stellar. However, there is one strange issue; because the resolution of the display is so high, Windows recommended that size of text/apps/etc be scaled at 125% - this is done with the built in Windows 10 Display Settings.

For the most part, everything looks great. However, some of the apps look a little distorted. Google Chrome renders perfectly, but certain programs and even system dialogues look a little fuzzy, as if they were upscaled to a higher resolution than their native and there's distortion. See images:

I tried to illustrate the fuzziness by comparing the windows to the icons on the desktop, but while the icons look crisp, the windows do not. But like I said, certain programs have so far operated correctly, like CCleaner and Google Chrome. It looks like there 2 graphics cards on board, an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M. I attached a sytem info file that the Intel Graphics program saved for me. I hope this was enough information and I Hope we have solutions.

Thanks for everyone's help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gbhj
New Contributor I

there have being other reports of problems with windows 10 disabling CMAA may help

0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

In this case, I'll suggest to instal the graphics for Windows® 10 from your OEM website http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support . This laptop comes with switchable graphics so the OEM (HP) customize the graphic driver so both (intel HD and NVIDIA Ge Force ) can work together.

0 Kudos