4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2016 12:05 AM by Bolt41

NUC DN2820FYKH power supply

Alexgoen

Hi,

(sorry for my english )

I have an Intel NUC DN2820FYKH from several months, and have some trouble while power on.

Sometimes (not always), a few seconds after pushing the power buton, a message appears and the NUC powers off. The message is almost the following:

"CAUTION: Using other than 12DC adapter may cause component damage and unstable system performance"

Has someone already get this message? I don't understand where is the problem.

I use the following power supply:

12V power adapter and 4 plug attachments - Intel® NUC Spare Parts

Thank you for your help!

Alex

• 1. Re: NUC DN2820FYKH power supply
          N.Scott.Pearson

Alex,

From what you have related, I am thinking that the most likely cause would be a power adapter that is starting to fail. Do you have a second one that you can try? If not, contact Intel Customer Support. They may be able to provide you with a replacement at no additional cost to you...

...Scott

• 2. Re: NUC DN2820FYKH power supply
            Alexgoen

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your answer. This morning, the NUC doesn't start

I don't have another power adapter no. I bought the one I have separately of the NUC and I don't think I can tell the after sales services to change it.

Do you know if another power adapter could work? Regarding how long it worked, I would like to try another one, if possible.

Thanks!

Alex

• 3. Re: NUC DN2820FYKH power supply
              N.Scott.Pearson

You can use any adapter that meets the correct voltage (i.e. 12V) and the minimum amperage/wattage (3A/35W) and has the correct tip for plugging into the NUC. By 'minimum amperage/wattage', I mean that, while they do not recommend it, you could use an adapter that can deliver a higher amperage/wattage, so long at it outputs at the correct voltage (i.e. 12V).

...Scott

• 4. Re: NUC DN2820FYKH power supply
                Bolt41

Привет! Скажи, ты решил свою проблему с INTEL NUC, у меня точно такая же!!!

Вот мыло мое bolt1986@nm.ru