6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2009 10:38 AM by bmx

S5000XVN not booting with 5400 (19a processor mismatch voltage)

bmx

I just upgraded my old processors for 2x5400, now the computer wont boot. It just jumps into the bios telling me that there is a processor mismatch voltage error. What is this? .. Its the exact same processors. Now im back to runnig my old 2 core processors.

Appriciate any help.

• 1. Re: S5000XVN not booting with 5400 (19a processor mismatch voltage)
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

When you have this error message in the BIOS '19a - voltage mismatched', this is because you have a non-refresh board. It will never go this error message as the non-refresh is not meant to work with 45nm processors, they work only with 65nm. So unfortunately, there is no fix for this. At least your one is working, in some cases it does not boot at all.

Even upgrading the bios, it wont make the error message disappear.

One thing only to be 100% sure, check the pba number of the your board if it is non-refresh board and if your cpu is 45 nm. Other than this, i dont have any suggestions.

Refresh board has a 'R' at the end.

Useful website to check:

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-028540.htm

Regards,

Aryan

• 2. Re: S5000XVN not booting with 5400 (19a processor mismatch voltage)
            bmx

I get:

84FF

19A

19F

19A

• 3. Re: S5000XVN not booting with 5400 (19a processor mismatch voltage)
              edwardzh

Not all boards or systems support the Intel® Xeon® Processors 5400 and 5200 processors.  Refer to Support for Intel® Xeon® Processors 5400 and 5200 for hardware/BIOS requiremets.

• 4. Re: S5000XVN not booting with 5400 (19a processor mismatch voltage)
                bmx
                This is what i get from lavalys everest

Motherboard Properties:
                      Motherboard ID                                    63-0100-000001-00101111-092308-Chipset$0AAAA000_BIOS DATE: 09/23/08 12:19:37 VER: 08.00.10
                      Motherboard Name                                  Intel Vernonia S5000XVN

Front Side Bus Properties:
                      Bus Type                                          Intel AGTL+
                      Bus Width                                         64-bit
                      Real Clock                                        333 MHz (QDR)
                      Effective Clock                                   1333 MHz
                      Bandwidth                                         10667 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties:
                      Bus Type                                          Quad DDR2 SDRAM
                      Bus Width                                         256-bit
                      DRAM:FSB Ratio                                    1:1
                      Real Clock                                        333 MHz (DDR)
                      Effective Clock                                   667 MHz
                      Bandwidth                                         21333 MB/s

Motherboard Physical Info:
                      CPU Sockets/Slots                                 2 LGA771
                      Expansion Slots                                   2 PCI-E x8, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 PCI-X
                      RAM Slots                                         8 FB-DIMM
                      Integrated Devices                                Audio, Dual LAN
                      Form Factor                                       Extended ATX
                      Motherboard Chipset                               i5000X

• 5. Re: S5000XVN not booting with 5400 (19a processor mismatch voltage)
                  edwardzh

Chech your board and you should see a small white label with barcode on it. There should be a PBA # in 6 digits - dash - 3 digits format. If it's E11034-xxx or E11030-xxx then your board supports Xeon 5400 series. Otherwise your hardware doesn't support the processor.

• 6. Re: S5000XVN not booting with 5400 (19a processor mismatch voltage)
                    bmx

I did look at that list but apparently not close enough. So what i need is a S5000XVN with a R at the end, aka the S5000XVNSATAR? I wish intel would have been a bit clearer in that case.