2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 8:58 AM by ivanu_intel

USB Problems

ChrisPadfield

I've got a new NUC5i5RYH and have some problems:

* The back 2 USB ports don't work. I don't really know how to debug this.

* The front USB ports work, but the keyboard and mouse (Logitech) appear to be very laggy.

* I can't update the USB driver from the Intel website; presumably it does not support Win10.

Any suggestions? Pretty surprised how rubbish an experience this has been.

• 1. Re: USB Problems
          Fabianius

Note that USB 3.0 ports cause interference for connected keyboards and mouses. That is why all mainboards still ship with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. The NUC unfortunately does not have any USB 2.0 ports. Nevertheless, you can fix it by buying a short USB extension cable to avoid the interference.

• 2. Re: USB Problems
            ivanu_intel

Hello ChrisPadfield,

Please access the BIOS press F9 and set your system to the factory defaults, then press ten to save the changes.

Also, I’m not sure if you have updated the BIOS, the BIOS version 0348 fixes problems with USB ports you can download it at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25164/BIOS-Update-RYBDWi35-86A-

Once you download the BIO file you can do a BIOS recovery to that BIOS version, you can follow the steps here:

Also, if you access the device manager, do you see any exclamation marks? If not, try uninstalling the USB Serial Bus Controller and restart the system, after the system restarts they will be automatically reinstalled.

Please let me know if that can help you any better.

Thanks,