Processor Model i5-4300U @ 1.9GHz
HD Graphics 4400.
The current driver will not install over standard driver!
To install the mentioned driver on a Windows 10 upgraded Surface Pro 3 and create 2 custom resolutions at 3840x2160@50Hz 3840x2160@30Hz the following procedure was followed.
1) Download the 64bit version of the win64_15407.4279 Zip file.
2) Extract the Zip file.
3) Select Device Manager using the windows key-X and then expand the Display adapter.
4) Select properties of Intel Display adapter and uninstall driver. This will put Display in VGA mode.
5) In the Graphics directory of the extracted driver right click and install the igdh64.inf.
6) In Device Manager scan for new hardware. This will restore the standard MS driver.
7) Select Properties of Intel Adapter, select Driver tab, select Update Driver, select Browse My Computer, select Let me Pick, select the newest driver(10.18.15.4279 [2015-08-24])
8) Driver software should install Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.
9) Right Click display and select Graphics Properties.
10) Select Display, select custom Resolutions, say Yes, Select your UHD display in Select Display.
11) Set width and height to 3840x2160, refresh 30Hz, Timing standard CVT-RB and then Click Add.
12) Set width and height to 3840x2160, refresh 50Hz, Timing standard CVT-RB and then Click Add.
13) Close the window and restart Windows 10.
14) After restart you should be able to select the higher resolution modes.
Hopes this helps someone else. Note that higher refresh rates than 50Hz do not work.