Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4000 15.33.39.4276 Breaks My Intel Widi in Windows 10 64-bit

LMoso1
New Contributor I

When I update my Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver from 15.33.38.64.4252 to 15.33.39.4276, the Intel Widi stops working properly.

It can find and connect to my NETGEAR PTV2000 successfully, but it does not project the screen properly and after 30 seconds it automatically disconnects.

Also, the IWDAud_Device driver does not work properly with the 15.33.39.4276.

Please shine some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response(s).

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Does driver 4252 work with your WiDi connection?

Please test driver 4252 again: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25188/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64bit-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64bit (3rd Gen & BYT)

Allan.

0 Kudos
LMoso1
New Contributor I

Yes it does. But why can't I use 4276?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please bear in mind you are loading generic Intel graphics driver and your computer may require customized video drivers, I would recommend waiting for new driver releases either your computer manufacturer's website or Intel download center site.

Allan.

0 Kudos
LMoso1
New Contributor I

Wait for a new release in download center? But this is a new release!

0 Kudos
SM16
Beginner

Dear Allan_intel

I have a similar issue in that my widi has not worked since I did the Windows 10 upgrade on my Samsung laptop. I have tried updating the drivers and found the Intel Driver Update tool which highlighted the compatibility issue. I am trying to find out whether there is work being done to provide new, non-generic drivers. Do you know anything about this or where I might be able to find out more information? I have already spent several hours on the phone and with support from Intel, Microsoft and Samsung trying to deal with this. Apologies if you do not work for Intel but am really struggling to find out what is being done.

Many thanks

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You may try to check more information with the WiDi support group at:

Allan.

0 Kudos