2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2015 3:25 PM by zsherin

ath10k driver - Galileo Debian

zsherin

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the ath10k wireless driver to work on my Galileo. I grabbed the most recent build of Debian from this project, and I ran into some trouble. Specifically, I'm trying to install ath10k the way it suggests on that first link, which is to use backports and compile it for my system. However, it complains with the following error message when I try to use it:

Your kernel headers are incomplete/not installed. Please install kernel headers, including a .config file or use the KLIB/KLIB_BUILD make variables to set the kernel to build against, e.g. make KLIB=/lib/modules/3.1.7/ to compile/install for the installed kernel 3.1.7 (that isn't currently running.)

This is fairly frustrating, particularly since I followed this thread which showed me how to get the headers on my system. I did that, pointed KLIB, KVERS, and KSRC to the locations of those headers, by which I mean I ran the command

>make KVERS=3.8.7 KSRC=/usr/src/linux-headers-3.8.7/ KLIB=/lib/modules/3.1.7/

Anyone have any thoughts on what I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Zach