1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 4:55 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

compatible desktop/mother board

Hozedaniel

I am using processor Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 – 2.53 GHz (3 MB L2, 1066 MHz FSB).I am planning to buy a new motherboard and as there are 100ss of them available and also I don't know which one is compatible with the processor mentioned above , I thought you experts can do some help.

Please suggest the best & latest motherboard available in India which goes with the processor.

Looking for :

1.Speed

2.Graphics

That's it ,

Thank you.

• 1. Re: compatible desktop/mother board
          N.Scott.Pearson

That's a pretty ancient processor. Are you really sure you want to spend yet more money on a system that is that out of date? You will have all sorts of compatibility issues with many O/Ss (especially Windows 10). This processor's performance for both computing and graphics is abysmal compared to the latest generation processors. See this conversation: https://communities.intel.com/thread/86284?sr=inbox&ru=542602. In it, I detail how you can purchase processor and motherboard combination for less than US$200. Obviously, you will need to also purchase memory, hard drive, chassis, keyboard and mouse, but the costs for this are a wash between a system this old and a new system...

...Scott