5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2009 9:38 AM by doomedFrom1

DG45ID DOA? No signs of intelligent life.

doomedFrom1

I did something stupid. I bought an MB, the subject mentiond DG45ID, when I was home in the states in July (studying in Norway and things are $expensive$ here). Order arrived just before travelling back across the ocean -- not enough time to test. I finally got around to putting the box together a few weeks ago and I get nothing from the board other than power connections.

I have tried this with full-on and totally minimal hardware contingent -- both in and out of the case.

I have never gotten any video out of it.

Never a single beep.

I suppose I should just consider it DOA and see if there is a reasonable way to recoup some funds -- doubtful considering the price of overseas shipping. Lesson about shopping and travelling learned I hope -- any other thoughts before I bite the bullet and spend more money on new stuff?

• 1. Re: DG45ID DOA? No signs of intelligent life.
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

You might as well contact intel support in europe, i think they will still exchange it for you...you might have to pay some postage but thats all i think

intel support:http://www.intel.com/support/9089.htm

I am assumin that you know what you are doing, and that the other components work and are compatible....

• 2. Re: DG45ID DOA? No signs of intelligent life.
            doomedFrom1

I will contact them. Thanks for the thought and the link.

Everything is totally compatible..

Still, after reading about similar troubles out there I tore it all down to minimal set-up: mo-board, power supply, single compatible RAM stick, keyboard and a monitor.

No indication of anything other than some power running to fans and LEDs. No beeps - no nada.

Hard to have compatibility fears with such a bare install.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: DG45ID DOA? No signs of intelligent life.
              Cpt.Dogfruit

and oyur sur ethe CPU is compatible? You got the right BIOS?and teh otehr components work in anotehr system?

you are putting the CPU in right?="mo-board, power supply, single compatible RAM stick, keyboard and a monitor."

If all aboce is true it is worth cleatring the cmos and trying a bios update via recovery, if you use a usb pen you will be able to see if the board is trying to acces it or not. If it aint there is no hope if it is there may be hope

• 4. Re: DG45ID DOA? No signs of intelligent life.
                doomedFrom1

I have pulled the battery, downloaded the latest recovery BIOS to a USB stick and will try getting it in there.

I for one have never gotten any video signal or POST beeps from this thing.

I have not once seen the BIOS. I have not tried changing the BIOS.

So if it is indeed corrupt it most likely      came from the factory that way.

I'm not hopeful -- but you're right -- it's definitely worth checking before shipping physical things around.

• 5. Re: DG45ID DOA? No signs of intelligent life.
                  doomedFrom1

Okay.

I have followed all BIOS recovery instructions and waited a good fifteen minutes now - nothing has ever come up on the screen (yes - it has been tested).

The thumb drive in the back is powered and lit but has not flickered to indicate any activity.

The DG45ID has total of 6 USB ports on the back -- it seems unlikely that some of them are bootable and others not.

I will try once more...

:/

Thanks.