7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 12:31 PM by JFFulcrum

Temp Range for I5 4670K 3.4G 6M R

IntBeth

Hello, I built my pc in 2013 using this processor.  Recently, pc began to shut down while gaming. I notice that the rig is exceeding 150F.  I opened up the rig and did dust cleaning (not much dust there but now its spotless).  I noticed 1 of 2 gpu fans were down so I RMA the devise assuming that was the problem.  I'm now using the cpu's onboard 4600 HD gpu until my discrete board returns.

Here is my problem.  I've searched Intel for heat range for my particular cpu and I have not found a clear answer or chart.  (Maybe that's my fault for not knowing how to search well enough, but I have searched.)  Can someone point to this info?  It should be something that is clear enough in the documentation for this cpu but I can't find it.

I did download the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility which is used for overclocking just to check the  performance of my cpu using Intel's own utility.  I do not overclock, nor do I know how to overclock.  The stress test would run the cpu at 100% (for a short time, with temps in the lower 80sC); no thermal throttling occurred (which with my limited understand means that cpu for this test did not overhead).

I'm considering replacing stock cpu fan with Noctura NHU-12S (running 2 fans).  This, however, will void my warranty on the CPU will it not?

Here are my other components that may be relevant:

Asus 287-A LGA1150

MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC 2GB 256-bit  (OC by manufacture, not me)

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 SDRAM

WD1000DHTZ 10000RPM 64mb cache

Seasonic SS-760XP2

If anyone can point me to documentation for the temp ranges for this cpu, answer my question regarding aftermarket fan installation and warranty, or offer any insights, I would appreciate it.  Thanks!