Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Latest Intel Driver for HD 4600 (4279) does not support Windows 10 correctly

idata
Employee

Hi Intel,

the driver for I7-4771 HD 4600 and Windows 10 still has problems on my system (I7-4771 16 GB ASUS Z97-A, Eizo EV2736W Displayport):

1. All drivers published since July except 4252 cannot render W10 Start Flyout correctly. Colors are incorrect and not stable.
  2. When switching the display off and on again or when restarting after Sleep, the driver resets the screen to a 1024x768 resolution and then updates it to the resolution set by W10. This leads to garbled desktop icons which is a miserable mess.

The default driver from Microsoft has no problems to handle rendering the Start-Flyout.

Pls. advice how to proceed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Workaround for problem 1 (Blurring and color changes in Start-Flyout)

The reason is the CMAA function. After deactivating it in Intel Graphics Manager --> 3D options, the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esteban_V_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the feedback Intel is working on getting the drivers working on windows 10 you check for more information in the following post:

See post # 93.

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Esteban,

I'm confused. You have pointed me to my own post and you refer to a "Post # 93" but I have no idea how to find a post by a sequence number. Could you pls. give me some information that I can really use.

TIA

Jörg

0 Kudos
gbhj
New Contributor I

the link he wanted to post was

the more information (screenshots or descriptions) the forum staff can add to the internal bug tracker the more likely it is your problem will be fixed sooner

there are other posts about problems with the new drivers on windows 10 and

collecting debug logs is also helpful https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551790%28v=vs.85%29.aspx https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551790%28v=vs.85%29.aspx and there are options in the registry to enable the debug log the driver creates at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the clarification. I had seen your thread about anti-aliasing but not the screenshots. It's exactly my problem. In addition I can add that the same problem exists with remote desktop. So I'll send Esteban an update with my configuration and a screen shot of a remote desktop window.

I'm a little bit surprised, that this problem disappeared with version 4252 and again appeared on all later versions. This is no good news about the professionalism of Intel's driver development.

0 Kudos
gbhj
New Contributor I

i have not seen driver 4252 there is a

however any driver before the windows 10 beta driver will run in 8.1 compatibility mode preventing directx 12 being available

directx 12 has caused other problems considering the first directx 12 game will soon be avalible this does not look good.

from the reports of this problem i have only seen gen 4 (gen 7 and 7.5 to the GPU driver) being affected

the earliest report of the problem is so a fix may be avalible in the next driver version.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Esteban,

thanks to Zeqzy's hint I can confirm that the Windows 10 Start-Flyout can be solved by deactivating CMAA in the Intel Graphics 3D section. This is OK for me because I don't use 3D graphics intentionally. The reason for the problem is obviously that the Start-Flyout is frequently updated to allow animation. Consequently, another function, "Remote Desktop Access" shows the same blurring and color changes when CMAA is activated. So your developers should now have no problem to identify the bug in the driver and fix it. My setup is comparable with the information you Allen_intel has already received from Zeqzy.

The problems with the reset to VGA at startup is not addressed by this workaround. For this I'll post a new Thread when it persisted.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Workaround for problem 1 (Blurring and color changes in Start-Flyout)

The reason is the CMAA function. After deactivating it in Intel Graphics Manager --> 3D options, the problem is solved.

0 Kudos