Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Error with Iris 5100

LLee30
Novice

Is there anything i can do other than wait for an new driver to be released? Is there a beta driver that I can try to see if it fixes the problem?

I just found a slightly newer driver

64bit - win64_15407.4279.exe

but the problem remains exactly the same as before 3 restarts of the driver and then the driver is locked out

The take from other support websites puts the blame squarely on the Iris driver so I asked once more are Beta version that fix this problem available to test yet?

I am happy to test and I have a separate hard drive with a bog standard clean install of windows 10 64 that I can use for tests. This is an Apple MacMini 7,1 Computer To the highest spec currently offered by Apple

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MM71.0220.B03

SMC Version (system): 2.24f32

Intel Iris:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0a2e

Revision ID: 0x0009

Displays:

LED Cinema Display:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Serial Number: 2A92311M0K0

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Connection Type: DisplayPort

I am a retired IT pro that knows how to do Proper QA testing and I cm provide detailed reports and logs...

I am here and willing to help for no cost to Intel

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers

for Windows 8(R) stopped responding

and has successfully recovered

The above Msg is seen three times and it looks like this

this warning popup( with the Yellow X in a circle at the left top of the pop up) in the lower right corner blanks and reappears Three times and is replaced by another popup of the same sort ...

3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Apple has requested that all questions regarding Apple systems and software be addressed directly with Apple support. I recommend checking the link below for troubleshooting assistance on your Apple computer:

http://www.apple.com/support/macmini/ Mac mini - Apple Support

Allan.

LLee30
Novice

The problem was caused by microsoft and the way it uploaded and updated the win 8.1 installed and working to Windows 10-64 .

they replaced the iris graphics driver provided by the bootcamp installation thumb ( that you create to get it all working) which was

3345 with one in the 4000 series... And any attempt to fix the problem in Windows points you to the intell web site wher that driver

gets updated to the current driver (in this case iris 4279) the fix such as it is requires that a fresh copy of 3345 be obtained by making

a new thumb drive and running the setup in the second of the the two intell marked folders in it to cause the needed reversion.

this is still not a prefect solution but it does allow many programs to run that were puting up the errors delineated in the first post in this

tthread.... It is clear that apple needs to update the files in the thumb drive that they have the user create with bootcamp assistant to reflect

wwhat is needed by Windows 10. I expect when they get today's release of OS X 11.11.x sorted and rinning smoothly that they will return

their attention to the needed changes to Bootcamp for Windows 10

I hope this thread will help any others looking for a way around this problem

cheers

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Windshadow

Thank you for sharing your findings to the Intel® Communities, we appreciate your time and hope this will help others with the same issue.

Regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos