1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2015 1:36 PM by Bryce@Intel Branched from an earlier discussion.

Error "application has been blocked from accessing  graphics driver"

bimbonium

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

I get a

"application has been blocked from accessing  graphics driver"

When I'm playing videos [especially during fast forwards and changing videos (if its a play list)], when I'm playing games and using my webcam.

For example;

when I'm playing a video using VLC media player, when I press Ctrl + right arrow to skip frames I get the error 8 times out of 10, it also happens when I change videos either by pressing next or when a previous video finishes. The app does not freeze it closes.

when I try to play pes 13,15 or 16 immediately after the formation page, when the game is loading the match, when the commentary starts (immediately before the match loads) the error pops up and the game freezes

When I try to use my webcam (Cyberlink Youcam) it happens randomly.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP ENVY TS 15, J003cl

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16384mb

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

N/A

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

attached

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150819-1946)

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Attached screenshot of information page

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

intel hd 4600: 10.18.15.4279

Dxdiag attached

SW/Apps version used to replicate the issue.

VLC media player, pro evolution soccer 13,15 or 16, cyberlink youcam 6.

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

single display (DXdiag attached)

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1366 x 768 (60hz) (dxdiag attached)

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

both

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  Thesesteps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.

A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. Avideo of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Start up any of the above listed Pro evolution soccer games and proceed to play a match, once you hit kick-off it loads and when it shows the field the error occurs. "all the time with CMAA on" happens after the match with CMAA off

2. For the vlc trying to fast forward any video often causes the crash, and even more often hitting next to change to the next video

3. The crash on youcam happens quite randomly; I don't use it often so I can't pinpoint the exact time it crashes.

These apps/games worked perfectly on windows 8.1