Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Error "application has been blocked from accessing graphics driver"

EAbim
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

I get a

"application has been blocked from accessing graphics driver"

When I'm playing videos [especially during fast forwards and changing videos (if its a play list)], when I'm playing games and using my webcam.

For example;

when I'm playing a video using VLC media player, when I press Ctrl + right arrow to skip frames I get the error 8 times out of 10, it also happens when I change videos either by pressing next or when a previous video finishes. The app does not freeze it closes.

when I try to play pes 13,15 or 16 immediately after the formation page, when the game is loading the match, when the commentary starts (immediately before the match loads) the error pops up and the game freezes

When I try to use my webcam (Cyberlink Youcam) it happens randomly.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP ENVY TS 15, J003cl

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

<p style="font-...
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bryce__Intel
Employee

I see on HP's support site for this product that the latest driver they released is 10.18.10.3304. Install this driver and see if your problem is resolved.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-15-j000-Notebook-PC-series/5354987/model/5450019# Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1 HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

When I ask the Google, it points me to this page below where this inquiry has already been submitted and answered on our forum here.

Which then points you to this page http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009483.htm Graphics Drivers — Errors Reported By Microsoft* which walks you through some troubleshooting techniques.

Please attempt these.

0 Kudos