Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Ubuntu driver for AC-7265 ?

haliz
Beginner

Hi Guys

Is there any linux/Ubuntu driver active for Intel Wireless AC-7265 which could bring up WIFI as a AP ?

AP mode is active when using ( iw ) BUT command ( iwconfig wlan0 mode master ) could not response to this command and I got always an error.

Regards

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

In order to help you with your inquiry, please check this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034398.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Linux* Support for Intel® Wi-Fi Adapters

0 Kudos
haliz
Beginner

Hi Aleki

Thank you for your fast replying to my question. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 with the Kernel 3.16.0-50-generic. The List which you sent it to me does not support any kind of 3.16. In other case I treid to upgrade the kernel to 3.19 BUT I lost whole of my Wireless Interfaces. The minimum Kernel which supports the Intel Wireless AC-7265 is 4.2+.

Do you have any other solution to improve this problem ?

Regards

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

Intel recommends that you contact the Linux* team in the support link we previously informed and see if they have anything that support the version you are looking for.

0 Kudos
haliz
Beginner

Aleki

Please let me know how do I come to get directly connected to your Linux support team ?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

Unfortunately, Intel does not have an official support team for Linux.

0 Kudos
haliz
Beginner

Aleki,

I am going to run multi SSID`s on hostapd by using AC-7265. I didn`t get any error after config single SSID. Do you have any experiences about it ? ... Actually driver or firmware or any limitation on chip does not let Ubuntu to add an additional MAC address and assign it to the wireless interface.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

I have seen people trying to use hopstapd on Linux* using Intel(R) Wireless Adapters and the chances are 50/50 taking into consideration that Intel(R) Wireless Adpater were not designed to be used as a hotspot, however it allows Ad-Hoc connections.

0 Kudos
haliz
Beginner

Aleki,

You are right.It is looking 50/50 but just for one SSID I have not been getting any errors and working fine like a charm. Anyway it seems there is not any solution right now to use two or more SSID`s simultaneous.

Thank you for your cooperation

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

Yoy are welcome! Remember that you can always find us here or contacting us thorugh this link: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support

0 Kudos