4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 8:42 AM by Amy_Intel

Graphics

tchaz

Hello, on my laptop when I stop it in "sleep mode" ("mettre en veille" in french, "standby" in english??) i can not really restart it. I can hear that the laptop is running again but the screen stays black. I have the "Intel HD graphics" driver from 26/05/2015 (version 9.17.10.4229). I have tried to install other drivers (as 15.33.39.64.4276 from 21/08/2015) but installation does not succeed: it seems that my system is not compatible with it.

What shoud I do ?

Which driver should I install ?

The intel driver update utility propose me to update only the chipset driver, not the graphics.

My graphic chipset is family is "Intel hd graphics family ".

I run win7 64 bit french version.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Graphics
          Amy_Intel

Hello chaz,

Let's try to follow the proposal of the Intel® Driver Update Utility and install the Chipset driver.

If the issue persists after the installation please provided us with a more details of the issue and your laptop model including processor model.

Let me know your findings,

Regards,

Amy.

• 2. Re: Graphics
            Jörgen

Hi tchaz,

I have exactly the same problems on my Windows 10 box even with the latest version of Intel HD drivers. The reason for the problem seems to be an incompatibility with the Windows power management handling and Intel's implementation of these functions in their drivers. I have posted that yesterday on this forum together with another Windows 10 specific graphics problem but have not gotten any reply.

My workaround is to install the Windows generic graphics driver. This works well with an Intel HD 4600 Graphic but it also prevents my system to enter "Sleep"-mode (French: "mettre en veille").

Bye

Jörgen

• 3. Re: Graphics
              tchaz

Hello, I tried to install the new chipset driver proposed by "Intel Driver Update Utility" but the install fails : my laptop, could not even boot after this. So I came back to precedent installation.

Do you have any other graphics driver to indicate me to try ?

I have a laptop, Samsung NP300E5C.

Processor : Intel Pentium CPU B970 2.30GHz

Thank you

• 4. Re: Graphics
                Amy_Intel

You could try with https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81504 but at this point I would recommend to download the graphics driver from your computer manufacturer.

Regards,

Amy.