cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 Cannot replace Windows 10 driver

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Recently installed Intel 750 400GB NVME PCI-E drive as boot drive on new ASUS Z170 motherboard.

All went well. No install or boot problems. But Win10 will not let me update the MS Driver with the latest Intel one. "Best driver is already installed".

How can I force the driver replacement? My AS SSD Seq scores are roughly 1500 MB/Sec, which is lower than other posts I have seen.

Or am I looking at the wrong entry in the Device manager?

Thanks - Norvil

5 REPLIES 5

PHans4
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Check this answer, it's likely your problem is the same:

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you. Yes - I will check Device Manager tonight.

If this is correct, it does not explain why my Intel 750/400GB is performing at 1500 mb/sec Seq speeds, instead of the 2200MB/Sec Seq speeds reported, Using AS SSD benchmarks at this stage.

EEsca1
New Contributor II

1500mb/s is about what I was getting when I had my card in a 4 lane slot on my motherboard (Rampage V Extreme) rather than in a full PCIe Gen 3.0 slot. You might want to make sure the slot you've put it in is Gen 3.0. When I moved it to a Gen 3.0 slot, my speeds went up to the 2200mb/s range.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for that thought. Yes, but the SSD is in the 3rd such slot on the motherboard, the first slot has a Titan X and the second is empty. This is the setup recommended on the helpful Asus DIY series of posts. Thank you again for replying though.