Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S1200V3RP won't boot

idata
Employee

Server Board S1200V3RPL

CPU: XEON E3-1231 V3

Memory: Crucial DDR3-1600 ECC (2x8 GB)

Board does nothing - green LED showing power near the power connection on the motherboard lights up but nothing else. This is the second board that I have tried. Have also switched out the PSU in case that was the issue. No startup, no error codes, no beeps, nothing. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Could I have gotten two bad motherboards? Any ideas on how to diagnose?

Thanks for reading!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

Here are our recommendations:

1. Test the system without the processor installed looking for a 1-5-4-2 beep code sequence.

2. Test the system without memory installed looking for 3 regular beep codes.

3. Let us know the PBA number for the board you have. This can be found on a white sticker located on the board itself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Here are our recommendations:

1. Test the system without the processor installed looking for a 1-5-4-2 beep code sequence.

2. Test the system without memory installed looking for 3 regular beep codes.

3. Let us know the PBA number for the board you have. This can be found on a white sticker located on the board itself.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the reply.

As you recommended:

1) removed processor - same result; green power LED on and no other activity, no beeps

2) removed processor and memory - same result; green power LED on and no activity, no beeps

3) PBA is G62251-407

Looking forward to next steps.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Please contact our support group directly for assistance on replacing the board under warranty:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

0 Kudos