4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2015 12:10 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

MB DQ67SW with i5 wont power on

eguil

I have a Intel DQ67SW with i5 processor, was building system and getting battery and CMOS errors. Decided to reset to default. It asked me to change jumpers and reboot.

cannot find jumpers and now will not power up at all.

• 1. Re: MB DQ67SW with i5 wont power on
          N.Scott.Pearson

If you are getting CMOS and/or Battery Failure messages, you should replace the CR2032 battery on your board.

To find the battery socket and BIOS jumper, consult the diagram on page 13 of the board's Technical Specification. The battery socket is item "Q" and the BIOS Jumper is item "Y".

Here is a link for viewing/downloading this specification: DQ67SW_TechProdSpec02.pdf. Accept the license agreement and it will open...

...Scott

• 2. Re: MB DQ67SW with i5 wont power on
            marving_intel

Hello eguil,

Please use the TPS (technical product specification) of your motherboard to find the exact position of the jumper so you can setup the system again. You can get that on the following link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/19707/eng/DQ67SW_TechProdSpec02.pdf (page 56: BIOS Configuration Jumper Block)

If you need more guidance please let me know.

Best regards,

marving_intel

• 3. Re: MB DQ67SW with i5 wont power on
              eguil

Ive changed battery twice but still get battery Failure message.  have tried different jumper positions.

I removed battery for 1 hour and got board to communicate with me.

It keeps crashing on bootup, msg is on black screen saying something plugged into MB.

Have switched anything I have plugged in, memory, SATA, CD Video card etc but still crashes

I am thinking I have a MB problem

• 4. Re: MB DQ67SW with i5 wont power on
                N.Scott.Pearson

Re: "It keeps crashing on bootup, msg is on black screen saying something plugged into MB."

--> What is the message exactly? Is this a message from BIOS or Windows? If Windows, try booting using Last known Good configuration.

...Scott

P.S. Isolation is the name of the game. It eliminates variables from analysis. Remove the board and power supply from the chassis and test them on an isolated surface (i.e. place board on non-conductive foam sheet (you received one in the board's box); if unavailable, use paper, not cardboard). Plug in only a single DIMM, placed in Channel A DIMM 0 slot. Plug monitor into board video connectors. For keyboard and mouse, use only USB connectors on back panel (i.e. don't use anything connected to board's front panel connectors).