2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2009 10:10 AM by wrightju

Can't install PROWIN732.exe

I just upgraded from Vista to Win 7 Home and am using a Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100, I'm having disconnect problems on an occasional basis and thought I should upgrade my driver.  I currently have a Microsoft driver dated 3/26/2009 Version 9.13.4.10, but I understand that a new driver is available in the file PROWIN732.exe, however when I run this program I get the error, "Error 1713.Intel(R) Network Connections cannot install one of it's required products, Contact tech support.  Please tell me how to install the new driver.

• 1. Re: Can't install PROWIN732.exe
          wrightju

Hello,

I just looked in the INF for the PROWIN732.exe 14.7 package.  It doesn't support the 82562V-2.  It appears that the only driver available is the Windows 7* in-box driver.

To troubleshoot your connectivity issue, you might try forcing speed and duplex on the LOM and on device it is connected to.  Another thing, might be to try another networking cable.  Sometimes, if the cable is marginal it will affect a driver's ability to make good connections.

Good luck.

Justin

• 2. Re: Can't install PROWIN732.exe
            wrightju

It looks like I was wrong.  The 82562V-2 for Windows 7* is in one of the INF I didn't look into.  I'm not sure what else could be causing the error you are seeing.

You might try a command line install, which will avoid any GUI issues.  Check out this article:

http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-016040.htm

-Justin