5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2015 3:28 AM by booster71

Problème de température d'un I5-2400

booster71

Bonjour,

Je ne comprend pas le probleme et j'ai fouillé dans pas mal de forum !

J'ai un Intel Core i5 2400 Cadencé à 3.10 GHz carte mère Asus P8Z68-V LE {dernier BIOS} sous BIOS mon CPU tourne à 55°C et est stable, une fois sous Windows 10 64bits il monte à 93°C

Si je lance un Benchmark le CPU repasse à 60°C donc quand il bosse la température chute POURQUOI ?

Une idée ?

Cette temperature est determiné par OCCT derniere version

Merci d'avance

• 1. Re: Problème de température d'un I5-2400
          N.Scott.Pearson

For the first part of this discussion, these are the symptoms I am looking at:

1. While 55°C is not a temperature to be concerned with, it is certainly high for a system at idle; I would expect something in the 30-40°C range when at idle.
          2. If the fan control solution on this board is programmed properly, it should be working to keep the temperature at or below your processor's Tcontrol temperature. That is, the processor fan should be at full speed above Tcontrol. While it varies from one individual processor to another, the Tcontrol temperature for Lynnfield processors is typically in the 80-85°C range.

Taking these two symptoms into account, I would conclude that your processor cooling solution is insufficient. There are a number of possibilities:

1. Processor fan is not plugged in (this seems unlikely based upon other symptoms).
          2. Heatsink-fan unit is not properly attached to the motherboard (one or more of mounting pins is not locked onto the motherboard).
          3. Thermal Interface Material (TIM, slang: paste/grease) is insufficient, has degraded or is not evenly distributed.
          4. Heatsink-fan unit is simply incapable of dissipating the amount of heat being generated (example: 90W processor with 60W heatsink-fan unit).
          5. Ambient temperature within the chassis is too high and disaffecting the heatsink-fan unit's ability to dissipate the heat being generated.
          6. Some combination of the above.

My primary recommendation would thus be to remove the heatsink-fan unit, clean all of the TIM off of the heatsink-fan unit and processor, add new TIM and re-install the heatsink-fan unit. Test result.

Aside: Many BIOS contain a scene in BIOS Setup that displays (amongst other things) processor and motherboard temperatures. When in BIOS Setup, all of the processor's power management features are disabled and the processor is never completely at idle. As a result, the temperatures you will see in BIOS Setup will be higher (sometimes significantly) versus what you will see in Windows (or Linux or whatever your O/S). It is thus more appropriate to compare idle temperatures while within Windows (or Linux or whatever your O/S).

Regarding your final symptom, seeing Windows 10 running at 93°C at idle and then dropping to 60°C after running a benchmark says two things to me:

1. Running the benchmark somehow caused the motherboard's fan speed control subsystem to raise the processor fan's speed and (for some reason) keep it there.
          2. This phenomenon of higher temperature readings after installing Windows 10 has been discussed in other conversations. The typical conclusion has been that there are processor or chipset drivers that are not installed/running. You need to update to Intel drivers with Windows 10 support. This includes installing the latest INF Update package.

Hope this helps,

...Scott

• 2. Re: Problème de température d'un I5-2400
            booster71

Merci de votre réponse.

Il n'existe pas encore de gestionnaire de chipset compatible windows 10... il me faut attendre la mise à jour

Merci

• 3. Re: Problème de température d'un I5-2400
              N.Scott.Pearson

Well, you can certainly wait for ASUS to post Windows 10 drivers on their web site. I have my doubts that they will do so for a board this old, however. Some of the drivers you need are available in the Intel Download Center. Here are some links. No guarantees they will work...

1. Latest Intel Chipset (INF Update) driver is here: Intel® Download Center.
              2. Your board has a Realtek audio solution. There's a driver you can try here: Intel® Download Center.
              3. You board also has a Realtek LAN solution. There's a driver you could try here: Intel® Download Center.

Hope this helps...

...S

• 4. Re: Problème de température d'un I5-2400
                henrya_intel

Hello booster71;

Thank you on opening your enquiry. 

But checking the ASUS web site https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_LE/HelpDesk_Download/, which could  be that it does not support windows 10.

I will recommend you to check with ASUS tech support, to ensure windows 10 compatibility or also if you need to go to the BIOS and disable the cpu turbo.

Regards;

Henry A.

Bonjour booster71;

Merci à l'ouverture de votre demande.

Mais consulter le site web ASUS https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_LE/HelpDesk_Download/, qui pourrait être qu'il ne supporte pas Windows 10.

Je vais vous recommandons de vérifier avec ASUS support technique, afin d'assurer la compatibilité de Windows 10 ou encore si vous avez besoin d'aller dans le BIOS et désactiver le turbo de cpu.

Cordialement;

Henry A.

• 5. Re: Problème de température d'un I5-2400
                  booster71

Cette carte mère est noté comme incompatible Windows 10 chez Asus voila pourquoi ca marche sous windows 7 et pas windows 10