3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 1:29 AM by Cpt.Dogfruit

DG45ID ACPI Compliant Error on Win 7 Upgrade

Sarg

I just purchased a BOXDG45ID and clean installed Windows XP Pro SP3. I inserted my Win 7 Upgrade CD, started the install and got the following error:

This computer is not compliant with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) standard. Windows must be installed onto a computer that supports ACPI. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update or install Windows on an ACPI-compliant computer.

I just upgraded the bios to version 0177 (I did not try it on the bios version before the upgade).

My computer is a Core 2 Quad Q6600 w/2 gb DDR2 800 mhz ram, a SATA DVD+RW and a SATA 500 GB HD. I have installed the latest chipset drivers. I don't have any other periferials and the only things connected are the kb, mouse and monitor.

I don't know where to go from here. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• 1. Re: DG45ID ACPI Compliant Error on Win 7 Upgrade
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

My advice would to fresh install win 7, not upgrade if possible.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DG45ID ACPI Compliant Error on Win 7 Upgrade
            Sarg

Well your post got me thinking and I was able to get Windows 7 installed. Let me explain:

I had tried to install win 7 with my upgrade media by booting to the media and installing on a clean HD - but, the media will tell you that your key is invalid and you needed to boot to a previous version of windows, then install windows 7. So, I installed win xp sp3, and ended up at the point where windows 7 gave me the APCI error (which I can only assume was related to drivers). But, I thought, there has to be a way to do a clean install of windows with upgrade media, especially since the upgrade advisor stated that I should do a custom "clean" install. So, I searched and there is. I found a phenominal article here about upgrading Windows 7 through a custom/clean install. All I had to do was boot to the win 7 upgrade disk and select custom install. I'm only assuming that it worked this time because I already had a version of windows installed and activated (where I had not when I tried the first time).

Win 7 is up, running and activated.

• 3. Re: DG45ID ACPI Compliant Error on Win 7 Upgrade
              Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

I am glad i was of some assistance and you have it sorted now!