Let me answer your questions below:
- Which OS image is suggestible to use mraa?
You can use latest image version which is available here: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25028/eng/edison-image-ww25.5-15.zip
- How do I do an SSH login into the edison?
In order to access your Edison through SSH you have to connect the Edison to a wireless network and get an IP address. You can follow this guide for it: IoT - Step 4: Connect over Wi-Fi* | Intel® Developer Zone. Once you have an IP address assign to your Edison you can use a software like PuTTY to access the Edison through SSH.
- How do I transfer a file form my laptop to edison using SCP?
You can use the WinSCP software.
- How do I compile libmraa programs in edison?
gcc <script_name>.c -o <script_compiled_name> -lmraa
For C++ scripts you have to follow the same syntax but using g++ instead of gcc.
- When I connect the edison a removable memory appears in my computer but I cannot see the linux tree structure in it.How do I access the linux tree from my laptop so that I can just copy paste new programs?
That's not possible. Even though the Edison appears as a removable device, you cannot copy files.
- Should I do an SSH/SCP using the wi-fi on edison?
The Edison has to be connected to a wireless network to use SSH/SCP.
- Is ubilinux more suggested and programmer friendly?
The image supported by us is Yocto which is available here: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25028/eng/edison-image-ww25.5-15.zip
- How do I update mraa on edison? Is it given my default or should I install it?
I recommend you to check the following step-by-step guide to update MRAA: intel-iot-devkit/mraa · GitHub. The library is included in the image by default but it's always recommended to update it to the latest version.
I installed Ubi linux but my laptop no longer recognizes edison as serial port.It gets listed in the device manager as CD serial and RNDIS device in other devices with a yellow exclamation mark. I disabled driver signing and ran windowsdriversetup 1.0.0 and even 1.2.1 but still the edison does not get recognized properly in the device manager.What shall I do?