3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2011 9:57 AM by Richard RSS

what is PrivacyIconClient.exe process?

NoName421Days Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have a new HP dc7900, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400/3Ghz with Intel Q45 Chipset.

It is running XP Pro and I have a process running called PrivacyIconClient.exe which starts up automatically and is taking 29,912 membory.

What is this process and can i remove from startup on PC?

• 1. Re: what is PrivacyIconClient.exe process?
    Community Member

Hi There:

The file in question is

(begin quote)

"This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and
    Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) for
    the supported desktop models and operating systems. This software is part of
    the Intel Digital Office Initiative. "

(end quote).

Basically, you keep getting this error, because this software needs DotNET 3.5 or higher to work.

You can download DotNET from the microsoft website:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Scroll down to the bottom and you get the full file version (197Mb).

Once you install DotNET, you wlll find that the error corrects itself, and you will then be able to see the program shortcuts for the Intel ANT on the start menu.

Hope this helped.

Viv.

• 2. Re: what is PrivacyIconClient.exe process?

Thanks Viv,

I ended up removing this file from othe staturp as i couldnt see any benefit to it (just taking up RAM).  Havnet noticed any difference?

I googled intel digital office initiative and came up with nothing, then below with links that go nowhere.  So not sure what the benefits are?

The Intel® Professional Business Platform helps you keep your business agile, connect your workforce, and protect your business assets

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/Sponsor-content-Intel-Professional-Business-Platforms/2030-12_3-5770528.html#ixzz1HYrCDZTH

Jenny

• 3. Re: what is PrivacyIconClient.exe process?

I've noticed that my processor spins way up on startup, and this program keeps popping up.  It only takes 2 or 3% of the processor, but everything else is zero.  Meanswhile, I know the processors (i7), are screaming at 3.67mhz (at least that is what my intel desktop icon is telling me)  and my hard drive is spinning away while I wonder what is going on!

Most of the marketing litature is a bunch of worthless marketing speak that, IMO, is nothing more than "let's baffle them with ********" until they get tired of reading this crap, realize just how much time they are wasting.

Meanwhile, what is my system doing?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points