5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 11:16 AM by fakhrulhilal

Any idea why wireless keyboard won't load on NUC 5i3ryk with Win 10?

bhoma

Just got the NUC 5i3ryk. Trying out the wireless keyboard host app. Have Windows 10. No icon to pair to. Any Ideas?

• 1. Re: Any idea why wireless keyboard won't load on NUC 5i3ryk with Win 10?
          HenryA

Hello bhoma;

I am sorry to ask but which app are you referring to.  Is it a Windows 10 app or you talking about the Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24967/Intel-Remote-Keyboard-Host-App.

Because if you are using the Intel app is to manage your NUC with a Mobile device and the device has to have the app install.

Regards;

Henry A.

• 2. Re: Any idea why wireless keyboard won't load on NUC 5i3ryk with Win 10?
            bhoma

Hi Henry:

I was referring to the Intel Remote Keyboard Host App. It seems to load but no icon appears in the notification area. My IPhone has the app but complains it has nothing to connect to. When loading, the Host App opens a Command window, but closes before I can I see what it says.

Thanks,

Bill

• 3. Re: Any idea why wireless keyboard won't load on NUC 5i3ryk with Win 10?
              N.Scott.Pearson

Bill,

Something to try: Open a command window manually and enter the command that is specified in the shortcut (you can cut-and-paste between them). This should (in theory) allow you to see any messages that it generates...

...S

• 4. Re: Any idea why wireless keyboard won't load on NUC 5i3ryk with Win 10?
                bhoma

Hi Scott:

I did as you suggested and got a file not found error. I went to the Intel Remote Keyboard directory and ran Remote Keyboard.exe and that worked. The icon is now in the System Tray. But my Intel Remote Keyboard mobile app can't find any device to pair to. Intel has 4 reasons for this. 1) the host and mobile app are on different networks(they're not), 2) 3rd party firewall is blocking it(only have Windows firewall and it is letting it through, 3) disable network isolation on the router(was never enabled), 4)enable mDNS on the router(not an option). I'm stuck.

I think Intel's installation for version 1.3 where remote keyboard is now a service, is flawed. It's only been out a week.

Bill

• 5. Re: Any idea why wireless keyboard won't load on NUC 5i3ryk with Win 10?
                  fakhrulhilal

I have the same problem with NUC6i5SYH+Windows 10 Pro. I installed the latest app for windows 10 (1.9 date 5/10/2016). And it seems, it won't show any tray icon app. Here's the full target app from the Intel Remote Keyboard shortcut in start menu: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\schtasks.exe /run /tn "StartRemoteKeyboardService". So the mobile app sometimes shows my NUC, but I can't connect when it asks me to pair by scanning QRcode. How can I get QRcode from my NUC if it doesn't show any app in tray icon? Next, I run Process Explorer from SysInternal to find the remote keyboard app. There's a process "C:\Program Files\Intel Corporation\Remote Keyboard\RemoteKeyboardService.exe" which spawns C:\Program Files\Intel Corporation\Remote Keyboard\Remote Keyboard.exe /n /s 3. But this spawned child always closed and restart again and again. See my screenshot below for detail.

Intel remote keyboard.png

After I go to event viewer and still no clue for any error for this app.

I guess the latest app doesn't mean the best.