Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset (Problem with Aero Peek)

idata
Employee

I have Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset with Laptop DELL Latitude D610. I installed Windows 7. I have also intalled the display driver sucessfully but Aero Peek is not working in Windows 7 and the following message is appeared. "The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver".

Please help me.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

I would be interested in seeing how this works. Many would say Vista on a 915G would be absurd, let alone Win 7. I may put Vista 32-bit on a 965 and some magazine said that wouldn't provide Aero. Memory and graphics card should make it possible. Download Microsoft Upgrade Advisor.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hi, i m using the same chipset but i couldn't find the win7 drivers. could you please tell me how i can find them? thanks

0 Kudos
DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

The Intel site is better than it used to be but the downloads are still accessed directly from the Home Page. Choose Desktop board drivers since the chipset drivers are only about 2 weeks newer and may not apply to the specific board.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

we need a driver for this vidio card to AERO get work on Win7 i have the same card but still the aero is not working with

Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family

so please we need a soulution

0 Kudos
DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

If you look at the discontinued board support list you will see that the most future proof board on the list (975XBX2) only has Vista support. If more systems had been upgraded from Win XP to Vista the support would have followed. Why place Win 7 on old systems that can no longer be considered reliable (hard drive, power supply and video card)? Linux may work on older systems. Virtual PC can provide some use for older retail business software. My OEM 915GEV system will be left as is with Win XP since the hard drive has become noisier and Win 7 would probably stress everything too much.

DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

I have been trying to determine why my 915GEV with a 7600GS graphics card and Win XP SP3 (and older) has better transparency than newer boards with newer graphics cards and OS. Any drivers that will work with boards this old would be included with the installation DVD for Win 7. Only the BIOS would need to be downloaded from the discontinued board list. As you can see from /message/2909# 2909 http://communities.intel.com/message/2909# 2909 first page, the 915 series has a different graphics model, XPDM instead of WDDM, so I'm still unclear whether Vista or Win 7 has appropriate drivers. I expect to leave the XP system as is since it works well for my few games. The CRT monitor is starting to blur however, and although temps are fine, the power consumption is not so great.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'am also having the same problem with aero peak on Windows 7. Any advice on how to handle it. Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

http://www.petitiononline.com/intel915/petition.html http://www.petitiononline.com/intel915/petition.html

SIGN THE PETITION! Help us force Intel to support their older hardware.

0 Kudos