6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 8:23 PM by Cesar Badilla

Boot manager

ds123

I previously had winows 10 instaled, so it keeps booting into the boot manager screen.

How do i change it please?

• 1. Re: Boot manager
          Cesar Badilla

Hellods123,

Please provide you current operating system so I could provide you with detailed instructions on how to perform this task.

If you are currently using Windows 7 * you will need to edit the Boot manager. Please  follow these steps:

-. Open an elevated command prompt or a command prompt at boot. If you have a RAID setup or a PCI-E SSD as your boot drive and want to open a command prompt at boot, then you may need to use the Load Drivers option in the System Recovery Options screen to load it's drivers first before Windows will see the boot drive to be able to use the "bcdedit" command on it.

-. In the elevated command prompt, type "bcdedit"and press enter by doing this you will be able to see what the description (name) and identifier of the operating system(s) listed in Windows Boot Manager are under the Windows Boot Loader section(s). For example, Windows 7 (description) as {current} (identifier), etc.

-. In the elevated command prompt type the command below for a listed OS that you want to change the name of, and press Enter as follows:

bcdedit /set {identifier} Description "name you want" For example: If I wanted to change the name from Windows 7 (description) as {current} (identifier) to Windows 7 (build 7000), you could simply type this below and press Enter:

bcdedit /set {current} Description "Windows 7 (build 7000)"

-. In the elevated command prompt, type bcdedit and press enter. This will let you see and verify the new name of the {current} operating system.

-. Close the elevated command prompt. by typing "exit".

-. When you  will need to restart the computer so you can confirm the name listed for the operating system in the Windows Boot Manager screen.

You may also try this third parties recommendations http://smallbusiness.chron.com/remove-windows-boot-manager-os-startup-selection-screen-64085.html

Regards,

Caesar B.

• 2. Re: Boot manager
            JFFulcrum

Try to delete wrong row in boot manager with MSCONFIG tool

• 3. Re: Boot manager
              ds123

I did it by running msconfig and deleting windows 10 from the boot tab.

• 4. Re: Boot manager
                Cesar Badilla

Hello ds123,

Were you able to solve the issue by following JFFulcrum recommendation?

Regards,

Caesar B.

• 5. Re: Boot manager
                  ds123

Yes, msconfig and the boot tab.

Delete the OS from the list.

• 6. Re: Boot manager
                    Cesar Badilla

Hello ds123,

We are glad to hear you we able to solve the issue by accessing the System Configuration*  ("MSCONFIG") and deleting the OS from the list.

Regards,

Caesar B.