I have Asus P5LP-LE (Leonite) by HP. It is rated with the following:
* Northbridge: Intel 945G
* Southbridge: ICH7DH
* 533 MHz, 800 MHz, 1066 MHz (processor dependent)
- Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
* Core 2 Duo E4x00
* Pentium D 9x0 Dual Core* Pentium D 8xx Dual Core
* Pentium 4 6x1 series
* Celeron D 3xx series
* Dual channel memory architecture
* Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
* Supports PC2 3200 (400 MHz), PC 4200 (533 MHz) and PC2 5300 (667 MHz) DDR2 DIMMs
* non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
* Maximum HP/Compaq approved memory is 4 GB
AMD vs. Intel is just the manufacturer and the price. So any of the memory or any other manufacturer will work.
The PC2-6400 will not work on this particular model.