How od you have this SSD connected to your PC. Is it SATA or USB? You may try the following: You also may want to take a look here: Troubleshooting for the Intel® SSD 520 Series
1 - Make sure all your data is secured somewhere.
2 - Check BIOS for any possible updates. If possible set it AHCI Mode.
3 - Check SATA controllers.
4 - Get the SMART details log using the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox.
Hi Aleki, thank you for your answer.
1; I have no important data on the drive
2; I already upgraded the BIOS sw of the computer. SATA controller setting is AHCI mode
3; SATA contoller:
4; SMART results are:
The drive was partitioned by 50%-50%, there is far enough free space.
I also have the SMART details in export file. How can I upload it here ?
I have exactly the same problem:
- Running clean install of W10 on Lenovo X230T
- Lastest SDD Firmware
- Disk usage is jumps to 100% for at least 20 seconds or until the PC freezes
- Most times it let´s me to change windows, listening music etc. but cancels some other activities (loading browser pages, typing, skype, win-key) just like Vegha. If the PC freezes, I get a BSOD with "Critical Process Died" or some Storage error.
- Other times the PC continue to work as usual after 20 seconds.
glad to see that not I am the only one in the world having this problem.
After 1 boring month waiting for any useful tip or help from Intel, on next week I'm going to send back the drive to the manufacturer for further analysis. I don't know if they have the possibility to test the drive under the conditions like I am using it now to reproduce the problem.
Please try the following recommendations:
- Run the Intel® SSD Optimizer in Intel® SSD Toolbox.
- Check with the Computer Manufacturer Support for the latest Storage controller (chipset) drivers. If your PC has an Intel chipset, you may use Intel® Driver Update Utility, or manually locate drivers from: Intel® Download Center
- If the issue persists at this point, please Contact Support to engage an agent in your nearest Support Center.