1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2016 11:53 AM by EstebanC_Intel

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver

SkuterPL

Hello,

I am looking for driver for chipset series 7, but still I coudn't find it.

Sometimes I have problem with my keyboard which is built-it, I think that problem is because of driver which I don't have.

• 1. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
          faugub_intel

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. The chipset C216 does not have any driver available for Windows 10. On this particular case, I found this chipset is for server boards. It is recommended to check with your board manufacture if they have build up any driver for that chipset.

Any other question do not hesitate to drop a line here.

Best regards,

faugub_intel

• 2. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
            SkuterPL

Hi,

I know that driver is not available for my chipset that is why I started this topic.

It isn't server board. It's normal board for ultrabook. I am waiting for driver because this is only one driver which is not available for my notebook.

• 4. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
              SkuterPL

Here is not available driver for Windows 10

• 5. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                darwinb_intel

Hello SkuterPL,

I would like to elaborate a little bit more the answer for your question.

Intel has not developed drivers for Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family to work with Windows 10 as per public use and there are no plans to do so. Since we no longer make motherboards the board manufacturers and computer makers are responsible to provide their users with drivers for the specific operating systems.

For Intel® 7 Series Chipset and Intel® 8 Series Chipsets we only made drivers for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.

The only recommendation we can give you is to contact your motherboard manufacturer (if using a custom built system) or your computer maker (if using a branded computer) to confirm if they have drivers for Windows 10.

• 6. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                  SkuterPL

Hello,

Could you tell me why Intel doesn't want to release new driver for Windows 10?

I bought this PC with Windows 8, I did upgrade for 8.1 and Intel provided new driver for this system, now my get new Windows and we coudn't use it because Intel doesn't want to create new driver for it.

I conctacted with Samsung (which I have notebook) and they don't have this driver because Intel still has not created it.

Even they have their own update system in which I cannot find driver for Chipset.

• 7. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                    darwinb_intel

Hello SkuterPL,

We need to understand first the difference between and Intel retail product and an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) one.

An Intel retail product is a device that Intel makes and is distributed for the regular market. In this case the end user can purchase it directly from a local shop or web store. If it is a computer product like a CPU, a Solid State Drive, Wi-Fi card, Intel® NUC Kit, Intel® Compute Stick, etc.; the user can buy it an assembly it by him or herself.

An OEM product is a device made by Intel for the use of another company which is going to integrate it in their own proprietary product.

If you have a computer made by Samsung and it has inside components made by Intel, those components are OEM versions and belong to the computer brand, in this case, to Samsung. Any driver needed for that computer is provided by Samsung.

The drivers we post in our web sites are to be used with Intel retail products. Eventually these drivers work with OEM systems but we don’t guarantee that.

Since we are not making motherboards anymore, we don’t have the need to release drivers for the boards that we made to work with Windows 10 because those motherboards were made to support older operating systems like Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.

If Samsung is interested in having your computer fully working with Windows 10 then they are responsible to develop the corresponding drivers.

• 8. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                      SkuterPL

I understand what do  you mean, but Samsung will not create driver themself. They need help from Intel to create property driver.

The most surprising me that on your website I can find driver for mobile processor or mobile graphic, but in any stroe I can't buy it, because mobile processor I can find only in OEM products, so what your wrote above "The drivers we post in our web sites are to be used with Intel retail products. Eventually these drivers work with OEM systems but we don’t guarantee that."

I get my PC with Windows 8 and everyhing was allright, when I get update to 8.1 I had to wait to get property drivers and again everything was okey, but on Windows 10 I have problem :/ because in Samsung Update software I can find almost all drivers, just missing Intel drivers, other company released new version of drivers which is compatibile with Win 10.

I hope Samsung and Intel reach an agreement to clients get new drivers

• 9. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                        darwinb_intel

Hello SkuterPL,

It is not usual to find laptop processors as retail versions in local stores or web stores. If you do most likely they are OEM parts.

We offer generic drivers for laptop processors as part of the global support that we give to our users but at the end the design of the computer may limit the functionality of our drivers.

Your last sentence summarizes the final answer.

• 10. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                          Hyarmentir

I have a motherboard with this chipset and windows 10 installed.

All was working great until at some point windows decided to not recognize my USB hubs anymore.

Used this driver : Drivers Intel Chipset Device Software HEDT/Server 10.1.2.10 WHQL

Worked like charm. Keyboard and mouse back online.

• 11. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                            argiriskal

Hi. I have the similar issue. First of all, i have the laptop Toshiba Pro L850-1MH. It had windows 8 and then i installed 8.1 and last the windows 10. I have the antivirus NOD32 and when there is an update for laptop such as windows update or driver update, it informs me to do it. In last days, it informs that there are updates with the name 1) Intel-Other hardware-Intel 7series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1,2,3, 2) Intel-Other harware- Intel HM76 Express Chipset LPC Controller - 1E59 and 3) Intel-Other hardware-2nd generation Intel Core processor family DRAM Controller- 0104. I press the selection to make the update but there is no reaction. Can i find these updates somewhere ???

• 12. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                              EstebanC_Intel

Hello argiriskal:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I was reviewing the support page for the manufacturer of your device, I found a list of products that would support Windows 10*.

Toshiba : Model List

In this case, my recommendation would be to get in touch with the customer support for your device.

They could provide you with a better overview about where you could find the drivers needed.

Toshiba Support - Product Support - Toshiba

Regards,

Esteban C

• 13. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                                Hoerli

I have the same problem with a normal Notebook.

Windows 10 Pro and no USB 3.0 Support since a view month.

The usb 3.0 only works on Windows 7.

I want now a new driver!
                                The Notebook is only 3 years old!

• 14. Re: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset and Windows 10 - Driver
                                  EstebanC_Intel

Hoerli:

May I have your Intel® System Support Utility report?

This is to double check the OS support for your device.

How to get the report?

-Access: Download Intel® System Support Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C

1 2 Previous Next