Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

LENOVO U350 CPU EMBEDDDED or SOCKET???????

idata
Employee

Hi,

Lenovo U350 core2 solo SU3500. IS IT EMBEDDED or SOCKET?????

Any one has disected or any confirmation????????????????

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

This cpu does not support embedded platform.

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=37133&code=su3500

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks, I know about this but the confusion is that GS45 support both Embedded and Socket and in manufacturers docs SU3500 it is not embedded but the thickness of the notebook is quite confusing. What do you think????

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello again,

Well, i have used both GS45 and GM45 board, both of them were using socket-wise cpu. I would assume that in your case, it would be socket as the cpu itself is not embedded, unless the ark.intel. website is wrong. :-)

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks, Now the point is that i want to replace SU3500 with SP9600, any good suggestions

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

As far as i can see, the cpu SP9600 is compatible with GM45/GS45. But now the question whether Lenovo has validated this configuration. Otherwise, it wont work, you may get bios error, or the system may not even boot.

You may need to check with Lenovo for further information on this.

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

WELL WHATEVER (WTF) INTEL SAYS. TODAY I HAVE DISSECTED U350 SU3500 AND IT IS EMBEDDED WTF WTF AND THERE YOU ARE CLAIMING LIKE AN FKK REP OF INTEL. MAN I KNEW IT BEFORE BECAUSE THE THICKNESS OF THE NOTEBOOK WAS CONFUSING ME AND I WAS FINALLY RITE.

Package : 956 ball micro-FCBGA AND THESE 956 BALLS ARE SOLDERED ON THE BOARD THATS WHAT MAKES THE NOTE BOOK THIN. ANYWAYS NOT BAD IN 600€.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did you just void your laptop's warranty ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have to fk the warranty because i just wanted to finish my confusion once and for all. Because in the documents this CPU SU3500 IS NOT EMBEDDED BUT IN THE REALITY IT IS EMBEDDED. NOW 2 THINGS HERE EITHER INTEL IS RITE OR LENOVO IS SELLING SOMETHING ELSE IN THE NAME OF SU3500. INTEL AND LENOVO SHOULD CORRECT THEIR DOCUMENTS.

0 Kudos